CHAPTER TWO

"Come!" Amira snapped, facing Farida, "Why not come with us?"

"No way!" Farida gasped. "Please help me with this." She motioned to the zip of her dress.

Amira got up from the bed and walked to her. "It's been two days." She zipped it up. "You should_"

"Not do this." Farida completed. "You know how Yusuf can be at times. Forget it. Just one more day to go. Moreover, you saw how he reacted when I tried talking to him yesterday right?"

"I'll tell him you are coming with us." Farida turned over trying to say something but Amira stopped her. "He'll drop you and Abba at the supermarket before dropping me at school. You'll resolve this before then."

Amira had to be in school for the club meeting as she's the vice president of the press club of the institution.

"Miiraaa!" She dragged.

"Don't keep us waiting." Amira grabbed her purse and darted out, leaving a dazed Farida wordless. What could I do with her?

She ran down the spiral stairs and met Yusuf and Abba in the sitting room.

Hajiya Halimah was out of town for a wedding and the Lamido and Ali are in the palace. Goggo travelled to Ethiopia and only the four were home.

"That's fast." He said as she took a seat next to him on the sofa.

"Yeah right..., umm, Yusuf," She whispered, sending him a flash.

"Yes." He turned his attention away from the TV screen.

"I was wondering if you might drop Rida at the supermarket_"

"The driver will take her if she can't drive."

"Come on Yusuf. It's the same journey."

"This was your idea right?" He narrowed his eyes at her.

"Yes." She looked away.

He stared at her for a couple seconds. "She says nothing throughout the ride."

"You two should really resolve this. You can't keep malice with your sister."

"Abba go check if I left my wallet in my room." That was just a way to ask the boy out. "And that's the reason I said three days. It will be over then. I thought you had to be in school by nine." He changed the topic.

"Funny way to do that but I'll wait." She smiled.

"There's no essence in doing this. I won't change my mind." He relaxed his head.

Yusuf's laid-back and forgiving but he also has limits and what Farida did was beyond his.

If anyone took Amira as family, it's him. He wants to make her family, his family.

"Please Yusi. This was all my fault, I should never have asked that question."

"You didn't ask her to say that, did you?"

"Of course not."

"Great. End of discussion."

"Please Yusuf. Do it for me." She begged.

He was quiet for a while. "We'll see."

"Thanks." She beamed.

They engaged in small talks as they waited for Farida. Abba came back minutes later saying he couldn't find the wallet.

Poor boy.

"I'm done." Farida beamed as she trotted down the stairs about ten minutes later, but her countenance changed as her gaze met Yusuf's.