CHAPTER FOUR

At seventeen, she's in her third year in uni. Surprising right?

She'd moved to Yola three years back for her bachelor's degree, thanks to her uncle cum godfather. It wasn't her dream to study chemical engineering but she had to. If it were up to her, she'd be in Ibadan or Sokoto studying medicine.

She wasn't the happiest about coming here for her studies and was apprehensive at first but her parents didn't 'trust' her enough to let her study in a strange state with noone to look after her.

She really didn't get along with people easily and she's worried the Hamza's wouldn't like her.

But the case was different. They were all perky about her being in the house, Farida being most ecstatic. She said she had another girl to keep company.

They were all open-minded and fun people and she blended with them really well in the shortest time. The Lamido, his wife, Farida, Abba and most especially, Yusuf. Maybe they weren't a couple but they definitely were more than just friends.

And today, she looked forward to spending the whole day with him.

Nabeelah called last night informing her that Yusuf asked if he could take her out. And of course, she agreed.

Sis trusted him to the core.

"Hey you!" Farida snapped her out of her thoughts and crashed into the bed. "Ya ne?"

"Lau lau."

"Get up let's gist. I'm bored."

"Urgh! This early?" She griped, cuddling herself under the quilt.

"Will you get out of there!" She slapped her.

"You're such a kill joy. It's barely seven a.m." Amira sat. "You've got a phone right? And all the TVs are functioning perfectly."

"C'mon please." She jutted out her lower lip.

"Alright, I'll consider a bride's excitement." Amira grinned.

"Oh!" She raised a brow. "You got me pleading bah? Za ki ci uwarki." She pulled away the covers and mounted her, kittling the living daylight out of her soul.

"I'm sorry!" She shouted at the top of her lungs. "Please spare me matan Jalaaluddeen. Spare my life."

"You're forgiven." She climbed down, laughing triumphantly.

"Whatcha doing girls?" Came his windy voice.

"None of Yusuf's business." Sang Farida.

"Mm mm Farida." Amira cautioned.

"Don't mind her." He walked in, finding a suitable spot on the bed. "She can't talk to Ya Ali like that."

"Awn bro, I didn't mean to be rude." She hugged him from behind.

"Sweet as sugar." He stroked her hair from behind. "Mila?"

"Morning Yusi." She smiled.

"Morning." He breathed. "Rida give us a minute."

Amira gave him a questioning look, then Farida, but she only shook her head and smiled. "I'll be downstairs." She walked out.

"Mila," He faced her, looking anxious. "About last night."

"Zup?"

"Haidar..., look_"

"She apologised a million times over and I told her it's fine." She squeezed her forehead, getting where he's heading to.

"It's not."

"It is!" She yelled.

"I know you too well Mila." One thing certain about Amira was, although myopic, she hated being referred to as 'blind'.