CHAPTER NINETEEN

Amira opened her eyes and met Goggo-like eyes on her. Just these were an electric blue and Goggo's, a gunmetal grey. Forget the eyes, he looks so much like her. She's just noticing. If Goggo would go back to her thirties, they'd pass for twins.

The same eagle eyes, wing-like brows, lush lashes, narrow nose, plum lips.

Damn, he has glossy raven hair.

He was seated by her palm on the bed, sending her black looks.

She looked around.

This isn't my room and certainly not a hospital. Oh my! I'm married! Am I in Kaduna already? Or his room? Or mine? But wait, how did I get here? Oh my! Did I black out? What's with me and passing out these days?

"You know what?" His throaty voice came. "If you'd wanted dying, you should've done that before we got married, not keeping me nursing you like a nanny."

She shut her lids. "I'm sorry."

Jeez! What does this guy do to her?!

Amina Mika'il never apologises without wronging someone.

Did she wrong him?!

"For what exactly?"

For coming into your life.

"It's morning." He stood to leave.

Morning?!

"Please," She hollered at him. "What exactly is the time?"

He checked his watch. "6:26." He left.

She slumped out of bed and slouched to the bathroom. Seeing herself on the mirror, her jaw dropped.

He can't change me. He won't dare do that. We're just married! Just chill, he didn't change you.

She was surprised to see the bathroom fitted out. Everything she'd need was there, no men toiletries, just lady things and they're all new.

Whoa, is this my room? Really, where the hell am I?!

She went back to the room and out the door, she's met by a lounge area after which has an ajar door attached

Is that his room?

There's another door on the wall to her right.

Huh, or that?!

She sneaked out and peaked to her left, there was the flight of stairs.

Hah, I'm still in Yola.

The plan was just the same as Yusuf's and that's when it hit her.

From her analogy, the ajar door should be his room!

She fired back to her room just as she heard voices downstairs.

After a quick refreshing shower and wudu', she went to the wall-mounted mirror wardrobe and opened it.

Her jaws almost hit the floor at the display of clothes before her.

It wasn't much but it's too much since she wasn't staying in Yola.

She'll be leaving the next day!

There were lots of abayas and gowns, sewn ankaras, laces, veils, English wears, night wears, undies, everything was available. Even shoes.

She sighed and donned a loose beige abaya then prayed.

Bahira and Na'eemah walked in as she combed her hair.