CHAPTER THREE (2)

Easy Ameerah, easy. You can do this. She wafted a puff of air, staring at the door handle. "Here goes nothing." She knocked.

No reply.

She did it again, this time a little harder.

"Whoever is there should leave." Came his husked voice.

She knocked again.

"Leave me the hell alone!" He thundered from within making her shudder.

"Oh me Allah! Yusuf don't make this harder." She placed another knock.

"Won't you_"

"Yusuf," She called softly but loud enough for him to hear.

Silence.

Silence.

The handle turned and the door opened slowly, revealing his muscular frame.

She felt his eyes on her but fixed hers on the tray she held. As he moved aside a bit, she knew he meant her coming in which she hesitantly did, biting her lip.

Why is he so quiet? Amira stopped steps into the room when she heard the door close behind her.

Now what? She turned over and collided with his hard chest and everything happened so fast.

"Oh my!" She gasped. "I'm really sorry."

"Have you really become this clumsy? First you come to my room by this hour and second, you wanna_" His eyes widened at the sight of the tray now in his hands. "Wow!" His lips curled up. "You made this for me?"

"Guess so, now it's all ruined." She mumbled under her breath and collected the tray, placing it on the center table .

He reviewed her as tried to fix the mixed chips, sauce and veggies. Crap I love this girl a lot. "Don't worry 'bout that." He waved at her, "It still looks delicious."

She pulled out a tissue from the side table and cleaned her hands. "If this is all about me then I'm sorry." She broke the arising silence.

"No need Mila. Actually I just really wanted seeing you and I thought you're still angry at me so," He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Don't say." She gaped in surprise.

"I knew you'd come if I acted that way." He shrugged.

"Forgive my French but screw you Yusuf Sulaiman." She sat on the bed.

"You're here. That does it." He grinned.

"You're unbelievable!" She brushed the sheet with her fingers and looked around. "Not bad."

"Had a bit of refurnish before Eid."

"And that?" She pointed at the incompleted architectural model on the study table. "It kinda looks familiar." Her brows furrowed.

"Yup!" He moved to it. "The drawing you made me craft " He gave her a knowing look.

"You don't mean it." She walked to where he was standing. "This is stupendous." She admired the art.

It was a little five floor building. Like a hotel, with cars and trees all around.

She'd dug out a pic for him from the net a day to her last paper. He wouldn't let her read. When she'd asked him to, he said she should give him something to keep him busy.

She never knew he took it to heart. But this was wonderful. "So much for an engineer."

He studied civil engineering in the University of Warwick. But he doesn't work. He said he would when he's twenty five but he did work on a project immediately after his grad three years back and that's all.