CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

You know most at times when we hear of Eid, the first things we think of are more clothes to the wardrobe, a new hairstyle, henna, lots of meat, and social gatherings.

It is so, but at times, it differs. Just as it is the case for Amina Mika'il.

Growing up in an affluent and vast family, she had the outlook of every Eid to be convivial, kinetic and boisterous. And so were the ones in Niger.

For those she spent with Nabeelah, it's impregnated with gay fun. Less people but more merry making.

The couple she spent with her mum was quiet. Hajiya Salmah rarely celebrates Eid in the country. Amira's left alone in the house mostly out of her wish.

The single she spent in Yola was festive. Full of colours, people and the durbar is just awesome! That was a memorable one she stored in the eden of her heart.

But this, her first as a Mrs, is jejune. Thanks to domineering hubby.

She'd initially wanted to go for the eid prayer but after the discuss with Ali and co two days back, it wouldn't be possible.

"And who said it's compulsory for women to go for eid?" In his words.

Advantaging that with going for Abba and Ahmad who were spending the eid in school, she was once more, scuppered.

"Farouq and Khalil will take care of that." Also his words.

With a woeful heart, she took to exploiting her 'blessed' life.

She'd inured to doing things she'd normally never do on a free time. Like plaiting, henna-ing, making up, wasting money on useless online shopping and like she is now, joining Amir's senseless and flaunting IG live in Saudi.

She scoffed and left a comment; I hate you 🤬.

"Hey you." Abeedah booped her head. "What've you been doing here?" She ate a slice of watermelon.

"Nothing. When did you come back?" Amira took a slice from her plate.

"Just now. Is something wrong?"

"Nah. Just feeling a bit down."

"Maybe you should go check your pregnancy status."

Amira chuckled. "It's negative."

"Hmm."

"There we go with the favourite word." To a large extent, Abeedah hmms not less than a thousand times daily.

She grinned. "Better than 'oh my God'."

"Not considerable." Amira laughed and they ate in silence for awhile. "When should we begin? I think dem Fauzee will soon be here."

Actually almost all the eid preps are being held at Fauziyya's as she was the eldest of them in Kaduna. Even Goggo is there.

"Let me rest will you? I just came back from the market."

"As if you did something good there."

"What are you..." She left her mouth hanging. "I've been in the market for two hours and got everything we'd ever need and you're telling me... how unbelievable!"

"Whatever. Eat and let's get going."

"Hmm. I talked with Ya Hafsah earlier, she's sending her greetings. She even bought us some gowns."

"How's that possible? Isn't she in Kano?"

"Yeah, she called, we're talking and I stopped by a shop where I saw the clothes, she heard me talking with the shop owner and asked what I was doing so I told her and she said to get us all some nice gowns and transferred the money to my account. Goron sallah."