CHAPTER THIRTY

"Just sign it and come back tomorrow." The registrar said the only words that could bring a smile to her distressful face.

"Oh thank God!" She blew out some air, opening the file for her signature.

"Excuse me?" The robust man asked.

"Umm, no... nothing." She flipped it close. "By what time will it be ready Sir?"

"Umm..." He read the clock. "By ten."

"Alright. Thank you." She left.

Her driver was waiting for her right in front of the faculty. Nonsense!

By the way, her 'ever caring' husband got her a driver and security since she's resuming school. The funniest part was that he refused to let her use the car she's always used, one of the ones she's gifted on her wedding. And the only good reason she could think for that was; he feels too proud to let his wife come to school in a Toyota Corolla so he gave her his Acura MDX.

So loving right?

How she wished she could yield Thor's hammer and wreck that car beyond recognition, just something to make Ali mad even if it's just a little bit.

Call her psychotic or whatever but she's in the worse mood she could ever be right then, first was she woke up angry, just like that. Maybe it's because she's resuming school - she's a natural school hater - or because she couldn't even have a good look at Abeedah's baby girl - she delivered yesterday. That added to the fact that she had to be in school as early as seven o'clock going up and down for her clearance, documentation, verification or whatsoever it is called on an empty stomach.

Want to know what the time is? Well past Asr and not a drop of water has passed through her lips since twenty eight hours ago.

Now just imagine how hungry and angry she is.

The guard made to open the door for her and she glared at him.

"What were you hired for?"

"Security ma'am." He answered simply, his hand on the door handle.

"And opening the door is part of it?"

The young man kept quiet.

"Stop doing things you weren't paid to do and I can open the door myself."

"Okay ma'am." He opened the door nevertheless and she shook her head before slipping in.

"Where to Hajiya?" The middle-aged driver turned on the ignition.

"Was that a question?" She scowled at him.

It's so in spite of her to be rude but Ali's making her insane and the insanity is making her so angry she... hah.

"Since you've forgotten where you took me from, take me to the jungle."

"A yi hakuri Hajiya."

"Home." She murmured. " Take me home and turn off that music."

She hates having to stay in the same space with strange people, especially men. Now she's in a car with two geezers she knows nothing about who've been drawing unnecessary attention towards her on her very first day of school.

Thenceforth she'll be known as the 'newbie' with a driver and security following her around like stray dogs.

Thank you so much Ali for making my life a nightmare!

* * *

She burst into a fit of laughter that got Lawrence giving her a weird look.