CHAPTER SEVEN

Deepest and sincerest apologies for the late update 🙏

My bed has fully employed me and has been so good these past days. The moment I get up, it gives me that cute kitty look which melts my heart and I mean, I'm not that bad, so, I have to comply and go roll the covers again. Plus, it's really paid off with extra bodyfat 😉

Ramadan Mubarak to y'all, wish ya all the goodies packed up in this Holy month and pls endeavor to strive more in ur deen so we can all enjoy Allah's blessings in abundance. May He accept our ibadah and grant us His utmost mercy and protection against this pandemic 🙏🏻. Ameen.

So, here goes another shafta. Enjoy.

And please vote and comment 😒😣, lemme know your thoughts about the book.

***

"What did the doctor say?"

"She's responding well to her medication."

"But she's gonna be up soon right?"

"We hope so."

Amira heard voices discussing. She winced, opening her eyes steadily. Her whole body gnawed with ache.

"She's up!" Exclaimed a feminine voice.

"Get the doctor." A male voice requested. "Are you okay?" She felt a palm on her forehead.

"Hmm." She answered dryly. Her head felt like a 50kg watermelon.

"Save that for the birds." She could make out that nasal voice. "You almost got yourself killed." Aliyu's.

"Can you save the lectures for later. She just came around." Khalid rebuked his elder brother.

Na'eemah later walked in with the doctor trailing after her. He did some minor checks on Amira. "She'll be okay but don't stress her much." He informed.

"When can I go home?" She mumbled with a sore mouth. She despised hospitals.

"In a couple of days we hope. You're convalescing quickly and that's good. Excuse me." He smiled.

Aliyu thanked him before he left the room.

"How are you feeling?" Aliyu asked, standing just over her head.

"Good." She gave a weak reply and motioned for him to help her up.

"That won't be a pretty idea."

She scoffed and pressed her palms on the bed, scowling at how her whole body felt stiff. There was a bandage around her head, arm and leg. But she didn't relent, through the pulsing pain, she still made to sit up leaving Aliyu and Na'eemah no other choice but to help her up.

It was hell!

She rested her back on the pillow after Na'eemah straightened it and closed her eyes, wishing for the pain to subside.

"You look miserable but you're still stubborn." Jeered Aliyu.

She chuckled but it came more as a dry cough. "Only that kept me alive till now."

"You're back to the land of the living, you've got every right to say that." Na'eemah teased.

"How did you get yourself there?" Asked Khalid who's been watching them since. "Everyone was goddamn worried. Aunt Salmah hasn't slept for days."

She closed her eyes slowly, recollecting the previous events.

"How long have I been here?" She avoided his question.