CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

"What's Ya Umar talking about, Hannah? Is there something up between her and Ali?" Amira switched her gaze between the two women in her room. They're looking at each other reluctantly.

"Just curious." She added with a shrug, still looking at both faces.

"She..." Fauziyya started. "She used to be Asiyah's friend, Ya Ali's ex-wife."

Amira quirked a brow. "So?"

"Her chapter kinda arose when Ya Ali found out Asiyah had an abortion. Ya Ali's highly reserved but Farouq noticed how extra detached he was then. He and Ya Khalil tried but Ya Ali didn't say anything so they brought Salis in. He's kinda like the only person who knows how to handle his friend.

"If Ya Ali exactly told him or not, wallahu a'alam, but he found out and Salis being Salis, he's hated that girl for forever. He demanded to know why she did so. Well she denied at first, then gave stupid excuses like school stress, she wasn't ready and whatnot but he insisted that she should've at least told Ya Ali since he's the father. She said he wasn't the father and that she's scared of keeping another man's pregnancy while being married to another.

"Salis went berserk but Ya Ali asked him to let it go, what's done is done but Salis wasn't relenting. He's had enough of her. From the little I know is she framed Ya Khalil for trying to force himself on her, then Salis for physically abusing her, that apart from stealing from Ya Ali, selling his cars and valuables, she even tried poisoning him which she claimed was a love potion. Where everything went south was when Ya Ali came back as usual from Lagos since he's posted there then only to meet her with a man in his room.

"To our greatest surprise he only asked her to go back to her parent's. She cried and cried, begged her parents to talk to him, saying she's lured, that Hannah was the one who always pushes her to do everything she did, that she'll never do it again. Ya Ali agreed and brought her back."

Amira's jaw sure hit the floor. "Brought her back?"

Fauziyya nodded. "Ya Ali could be one heck of a reverse reaction at times. But this time he brought her back, he refused to take her along to Lagos. She raved on and on but his decision was fixed. He left.

"Two weeks later, Salis gathered her and her goons to Yaya's house. All hell broke loose that day. I know for Ya Ali it wasn't easy, well for all of us actually, the whole house was swamped with soldiers so none went in and none left. Salis played a footage capturing her activities of the weeks, a detailed account of places she's been and audio records of her calls. You won't believe it!

"The idiot of a girl had someone she loved already, she only got married to Ya Ali for money. The pregnancy she had was Ya Ali's but she wanted nothing to attach her to him so she aborted it. She's even after Ya Ali's life and 'the last stage' as they put it was supposed to happen that very week but Ya Ali was in Lagos so she and Hannah planned on meeting a ritualist because they're sure if it didn't happen fast they'd be exposed. Literally Hannah and one of Asiyah's cousins were the main brutes and the other two were sidekicks.

"They delivered a tirade, saying they're being framed and whatnot. Asiyah began crying and wailing, saying she'll call Ya Ali and tell him about the character assassination she's going through by his friends and family. Hannah began raining insults, even called one of her uncles in the military telling him about it. Salis let them finish their madness before beating the breath out of all of them. Jeez, Salis is the wildest man I've ever come across. Especially Asiyah, he beat her to a pulp, saying since she could accuse him of violence he'd show her just how violent he could be. Not even Ahmad, Farouq or Ya Khalil could stand in his way. It's Ya Ali that saved her. To our amazement he's been home, seeing everything from his room.