Chapter 1

"Alright Hun, you can close up shop now. Doesn't look like we'll be getting any more customers tonight."

"Ok sounds good."

Working at the locally owned Jewelry Store in Miami, Florida was not how I thought I'd be spending my nights, but I needed a job and they had an opening. It was a small little store, off the corner of the Main Street.

About a year ago I moved out my parent's house in The Villages, Florida, and decided I needed to make my own way in life. Plus I'm going to be going to be starting my third year of college in October, which is a little over a month away.

"I'll see you tomorrow Madeline, do you think you can close up by yourself?" My boss Nancy asked as she pulled her gray cardigan on.

"Yes Nancy, I can do it. Have a nice evening." I replied as she walked out the door to her car while pulling down the 'Closed' sign.

I made my way to the back of the office and gathered up all my things before heading towards the front of the store and locking the door. I took in the beautiful scenery outside once again. The city streets were dimly lit, the ocean glistened in the distance, and the sky was painted orange and pink.

"Another day done." I mumbled to myself as I walked to the back of the shop, out the back door, and into my car.

Right as I started my car and turned to back out, I realized I had forgotten my phone on the back table in the store. Slamming my hands on the steering wheel and groaning, I climbed out of my car, not bothering to shut the door, before shuffling back inside.

"I just want to go home." I grumbled as I unlocked the back door, not minding to close it, and trotted down the long hallway to the main part of the store.

I turned my head to the right and saw 3 men's backs all dressed in black, bending over the glass cases. "Oh...my...god.." I slowly breathed out as I quickly went back around the corner and pressed my back against the wall to try and stay hidden.

As I was taking in all of the surroundings, like the broken glass in the front door, the empty cabinets, and the register opening and closing, I had the thoughts of when I should run back outside.

I started to bolt for the door but one of the men came right to the hallway with me almost crossing his shadow. I knew if I was to exit now, he'd be able to see me, so I pressed my back against the wall trying to stay as still as possible hoping he wouldn't see my shadow.

"Lads. Go to the vault in the back. We haven't much time." One of the men said as the other two went towards the back room. I immediately noted he had a British accent, showing he wasn't from around here.

"It's not back here mate!" One of them said as he went back out to the front of the store.

"God do I have to do every thing myself? You know we have a schedule we need to keep! If we want this whole damn thing to-" The man who was yelling came right to the hallway and stood before me with wide eyes. He had a mask covering his face and hair. All I could see were his piercing green eyes filled with rage.

"How long have you been in here?! How much have you heard?!" He yelled as his eyes turned black.

"I-I didn't hear anything I swear! I just came to get my phone." I said as I cowered back.

"Niall! Didn't I fucking tell you to check if everyone left?!" He yelled at his colleague as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me out towards them.

"I did-"

"Well it doesn't matter now. Liam put her in the car. All we need is another brat to snitch on us." He said as he shoved me towards a boy with brown eyes and big muscles.

"What?! No! Let me go! I didn't do anything!" I screamed as I tried to kick my way out of the man's grasp.

"Stop fucking struggling, you're just making this harder on yourself!" He said as he clamped a hand over my mouth and dragged me out the door.

"You just had to be in the wrong place at the wrong time." He groaned as he pulled me out to their black car. He shoved me in the backseat, but not before he placed handcuffs on me. I turned around to him with my mouth agape.

"Wouldn't want you running away now would we?" He snickered as he slammed the door, locked it, and proceeded back inside.

"Let me out!" I screamed as I immediately began kicking the seat in front of me. I then turned to the window and began smashing my foot up against it, but not before the same boy who threw me in came back out. He opened the door abruptly almost causing me to fall out and face plant.

"I told you to stop struggling!" He yelled as he grabbed my ankles and tied them together while I was still kicking.

"Bullet proof glass. Don't strain yourself." He said shoving my legs back inside and going back in. I kept screaming, but noticed the car must be sound proof as well because they weren't even looking back at me from inside the store.

"Fuck you." I spat at them, knowing well enough they couldn't even hear me, as I rested my head against the front seat to catch my breath.

After a couple of minutes taking in everything that just happened, and checking for a button to unlock the doors, I accepted I was trapped and tried to think of another plan out. Maybe a passing stranger could help?

Then I heard police sirens barreling down the street. I sat up abruptly at the noise, looking around for the cars, but could barely see what was going on because of the darkly tinted windows. Then I saw that the police were going to the back of the store rather than the front. Great. Just my luck.

Immediately I heard pounding footsteps and the boys screaming "Shit! Get in the fucking car! Drive!" as they clambered in. The one with curly hair shoved me over so forcefully, I hit my head against the opposite window and felt faint, before I succumbed to darkness.

A/N:
You can also find this story on my Quotev! http://www.quotev.com/1Dislyfe