Chapter 16

-present time-

I started to walk downstairs and noticed that Annie grabbed my sleeve tightly. Maybe she was scared of falling. I felt a smirk 😏 slowly creep up. what if—

With that I pretended to slip on the last step which made Annie scream and hug me tightly. Her scream caught everyone's attention. Now everyone was staring at us. Great. That's when it hit me. Annie was still hugging me- oof did I take it to far? Was she actually scared.

I wasn't able to control my stupid mouth and these words escaped my mouth "hmmm can't get enough?" Annie then quickly let go of my sleeve then looked around the room. Once re saw that everyone was staring at us she immediately covered her face. Was she embarrassed? I guess she doesn't like me.... on no what if she hates me now! I screwed up didn't I-

"Asher?" annie said with her sweet soft voice. That's when I noticed I was hold omg her and standing, like I wasn't walking or anything. Everyone was staring at me and I was lost in thoughts that I didn't realize that I was just standing here for like 5 minutes! WHAT AN IDIOT. I started to walk again and everyone started to look away and got back to what they were doing before I walked in with Annie.

I walked up to the sofa and sat Annie on it. I quickly grabbed a blanket from the closet and wrapped her around the blanket. Yes there were people staring at us but I really didn't care. I then sat right next to here and said "who's versing me"

Just as those words came out my mouth everyone shouted. I was left socked but happy- today is going to be a long long day.