Chapter 29

Maybe next time

Today is one of my best days ever. I'm here hanging out with Annie and I can tell she is having a good time. I feel so lucky.

"Hey ash- wait are you okay" Annie said making me wake up from my daydream.

I chuckled and said "oh no I'm fine"

Today is the day, the day I ask her out, for a real date. Today ima make a move.

"Wait can we go on the Farris wheel?" I asked

Annie looked at me for a second then looked down to the floor. She hesitated for a second then responded

"Yeah it could be fun"
————

"Ladies first" I stepped aside to let Annie sit on the chair. I should ask her on the wheel.

"Is this stable. Like is it safe because- "

"Yes Anns this is safe, if it wasn't then it wouldn't be running today" I responded in a calm voice. I could tell she was having trouble accepting the fact that we were on the wheel. Is she okay?

Just then the wheel moved us up and Annie jumped. I turned to her and noticed how scared she was. Yet when she realized I was staring at her she smiled at me. What is she hiding?

"Annie are you okay" I asked her with a serious tone. She looked at me and gave me a half smile.

"Uhhh- I!" The Farris had stoped at 8 o'clock (not the time! The angle) and had shook the wheel. Maybe letting a new couple get on the wheel and here I was 60 ft above ground with the girl I had fallen for so easily. Wait-

"Annie are you scared of heights?"

I looked at her and stared at her eyes. I could tell she was scared, pain. I didn't need her to respond because I already knew the answer.

"Come here" I extended my arms and pulled her closer to me and hugged her.

"If you were scared you could've told me anns. Then we wouldn't be on this ride"

"B-but I-I didn't w-want you to get m-mad"

"You could never make me mad. Just tell me when your having a problem and I'll surely help you, no matter what"

I can't believe she's I'm my arms right now. I can feel her hugging me tight and I'm not complaining but then it hit me. I can't ask her- not now. It be wrong.

Maybe next time.