Chapter 35

Asher prov

Here I was. In a situation I never thought I would have been. I barely knew the girl and yet here I was. I looked at Annie as she peacefully slept. Brushing a loose strand of hair behind her ear. God she was gorgeous-

/15 minutes earlier/

"Can you please stay?"

"Stay?"

"Yes. Please? I mean you don't have too" she said looking down as she started to fidget with her fingers. Why is she nervous...

"Annie.." I said catching her attention. "I don't want to sound like a bad person but I actually heard your conversation with Will... and well- what did he mean"

She was quiet for a second then sighed.

"Asher... I really don't know if I can tell you this" she said with a quiet voice.

Yet fire some reason I felt anger. I felt jealous- how could someone like Will know her 'secret' when she couldn't tell me.

"I feel like-" before she could say anything I let myself go.

"You feel what! You feel what Annie! I'm your friend right! And here I am- god you are unbelievable! Freaking unbelievable! DO YOU KNOW HOW THIS MAKES ME FEEL!" I said. Then there was silence. She didn't talk back which made me worried. I turned to face her but noticed she had tears in her eyes.

What did I do? No no no no no.

"No no no no Annie- I'm sorry I-" I whispered. "I didn't control myself- please don't be mad. Don't cry- Annie..." I looked at her and I could see the pain in her eyes. "Annie.." I said as I sat on her bed and hugged her. "Say something... anything... I'm so sorry"

"Don't y'all at me again" she whispered as the first tear started to stroll down her cheek