Chapter 20

She's good

How was this possible!? Some of the people started to laugh and or gasp. It was impossible. The game repeated the moment of my death but in slow motion. That's we we all saw it. The girl had killed me with a head shot! A HEADSHOT OVER 10 YARDS!!! I couldn't believe it. Her shot was so perfect. Everyone bursted our gasping and trying to accept the fact that she had made such a clean shot.

She might have killed me but what really matters is our scores/points. I was nervous because she had beaten me and it would mean she would most likely get more points. Everyone was at the edge of their seats and ready to see the points.

Then the tv screen changed- it started to calculate our points. I couldn't think of anything else. I looked over to see the girl laying on the couch. She was calm and looked as if she didn't even care. That's when I saw it and felt the biggest sigh escape my mouth.

The score:

asher.angel scored 14,934,145
Little.devil scored 14,934,095

Thank god! I had beaten her by 50 points.
I turned around to see the girls reaction but she was no where to be seen. She was gone as if she disappeared within thin air. Did she even see the scores? Was she mad? Did she even care? I had many questions but then it hit me. Annie! I ran around the house, opening every door, looking in every corner and yet I couldn't find her. I ran downstairs to try to find Will but he wasn't there, people told me they were outside so when I found him I saw Annie standing next to him. Oh thank god she's okay.

I started to walk up to them but realized they were having a serious conversation. I couldn't help but hear

"Why did you let him win!?" Yelled Will
"Maybe because I saw how happy he was" Annie replied
"That's it! You let him win because you saw him happy?"
"No."