Chapter 22

No.

"Hey baby"

I still felt anger rush though my veins. Not 10 seconds ago I had beaten up someone bad and now I have to deal with Payton.

"What do you want Payton?- and don't call me baby. We aren't dating!"
"Did you just raise your voice! AT ME!"

Shit I messed up. First rule for Payton- never ever raise your voice at her. Payton then looked down at Annie who was sound asleep.

"Go upstairs now."

I had to listen to her because I know who the real Payton is. She is the worst like words can't explain how evil she can be. We walked up the stairs and then she stopped me at the very top of the stairs.

"Turn around" she demanded
I turned around and looked down the stairs. The house was a mess and the boys were cleaning.

"Drop her."
"Wh-What?! Are you crazy"
"Asher angel drop her."

Payton wants me to drop her. DOWN THE STAIRS! She's innocent, she's sick, she's sleeping, how could I ever hurt her.

"Asher. Drop. Her. Down. The. Stairs."
"I'm sorry Payton but I'm not a monster"
"If you don't do it I'll make you my enemy."

Crap. Her enemy? I never heard her say that. What? How could I become her enemy? I'm not going to hurt Annie, never.

"And all my enemies disappeared, never to be found"

I gulped and looked into Payton's eyes. I held Annie with one hand switched my face expression. I was angry and no one could control me. I started to walk towards Payton and noticed how the tables had turned. Now she was the scared one. She kept stepping back with every step I took forward until she was pinned to the wall.

I looked her in her eyes and could read the fear in her eyes.

"You can hurt me Payton but never touch Annie or else I will have to do something. No one is to mess with Annie and get it in your head. I will always protect Annie no matter what"

And with that I walked away and entered my room.