Pancakes, Monopoly and Death

I wake up next to the man I love, something that will never stop bringing a smile to my face first thing in the morning. Surprisingly, Remus was still asleep. He looked so peaceful. 
I leave the bed carefully as to not wake him.

I walk through to the living room and see(and hear) that Sirius is still sleeping. I walk over to the kitchen and decide to surprise the boys by making breakfast, and hopefully not setting the whole apartment on fire. I look at what ingredients we have and decide to make pancakes with chocolate chips. As I'm mixing the batter I feel two arms wrap around me. 

"Morning." Remus tiredly mumbles into my ear as he holds me. 
"Morning," I reply, still making the pancake batter. "Did I wake you?"
"No, not really," Remus answers and I can feel him shaking his head. "I think not feeling you beside me is what woke me up though. Its too cold and lonely without you."
"Well I'm sorry for leaving the bed," I apologise with a small chuckle. "But I'm making pancakes, I think that will make up for it."
"It definitely will." Remus says and kisses me on the back of my head. 
"You're gonna need to let go of me." I say once the batter is done. He sighs and lets go of me and I walk over to one of the cupboards and pull out a bag of chocolate chips. I pour a bunch in the batter and Remus watches me closely. 
"You gonna be useful or you just gonna stand there looking pretty?" I ask jokingly and Remus smiles and walks over to me, wrapping me in his arms again. 
"Thats not useful," I say with a laugh. 
"Is there anything you need me to do?" Remus asks and kisses me on the side of my head as I begin mixing the chocolate into the batter.
"Go get me a pan from the cupboard please." I say and Remus kisses me again before going and getting a pan.

"What next?" Remus asks.
"Melt some butter on the pan so the pancakes dont stick." I tell him and he nods before taking some butter out of the fridge and putting it on the pan. He turns the oven on and moves the butter around and watches it as it melts. Once its melted i place some batter on the pan and wait a few moments before flipping it. It doesnt look the best but everyone knows that the first pancake you make is usually wonky and messed up, but its still a pancake. I notice Remus place a plate on the counter beside the oven and i carefully place the pancake on it. I put some more batter onto the pan and begin making the second pancake. 

I hear the clatter of cutlery and see Remus cut into the pancake. He takes a bit on a fork and holds it up to my mouth. I eat the pancake off the fork and flip the pancake thats on the pan. These pancakes taste really good. Remus eats some of the pancake.
"This tastes amazing." He says with a mouthful of pancake.
"No speaking with your mouthful," I jokingly scold. "But thank you." 

We finish making the pancakes(and we may or may not have eaten a few) and literally seconds after we finish sharing them between three plates Sirius walks into the kitchen.
"I smelled food." He says and smiles when he sees the stacks of pancakes. "You are literally my favourite person in the world." I laugh at him as I hand him his plate of pancakes. I grab my plate and the three of us walk into the living room and sit on the sofa, plates in our laps, we really should buy a dining table, and Sirius begins flipping through the tv channels. He finally settles on some movie that was playing and we quietly watched the movie as we ate our pancakes. 

**********

Me, Remus and Sirius were round at James and Lily's house, which they had recently bought together. It was a nice cottage in Godric's Hollow and I could definitely tell that Lily had been the one to decorate it since there were flowers, paintings and many photos on the walls, a lot of them were of James and Lily but quite a few of them had me, Remus, Sirius, Alice or Marlene in them. They had a light grey couch with some darker grey pillows. They had laminate flooring and a white fluffy rug in the middle of the room. There was a nice, cosy fireplace with a mantel that held a TV and a vase full of flowers.