The Battle

I don't think any of us are emotionally prepared for this chapter...

"Y/n, stay here with Hope." Remus says. "I'll go help out." 
"No, Remus, I want to help too." I argue. 
"You need to stay here with Hope." Remus says calmly. "I promise I will be back as quickly as possible." 
"Don't make promises you cant keep." I say. 
"Fine, I promise I will try to get back here as quickly as possible." 

I pull him in for a deep kiss, one I don't ever want to end. 
He pulls away from me. "I've got to go." He says. 
"I love you." I say, tears now welling in my eyes. 
"I love you too." He responds. "I love you so much more than you could ever know." 
"I think I do know." I say with a small smile. 

Remus wipes away a few tears that had fallen from my eyes before going to give Hope a huge hug. 
He gives me one last hug and kiss before apparating away to Hogsmeade, where he'll be able to get to Hogwarts. 

I try to stay at home, I really do, but I just want to help. 
It has literally been five seconds since Remus left, what is wrong with me? 
So, I pick up Hope and apparate to Remus' dad's house. 
I knock on the door and Lyall confusedly answers. 

"Y/n?" He questions. "What are you doing here? Where's Remus?" 
"Not much time to explain," I say quickly. "But there's a battle about to happen at Hogwarts and Remus told me to stay with Hope but I want to help, so would you mind watching her?" 
"Of course I don't mind." He says. 

I give Hope a tight hug, worried that this might be the last time I see her. 
"I love you so much." I say to her. 

I hand her to Lyall. 
"Are you sure this is a good decision?" He asks. 
"I'm sure." I say. "I just want to make the world a good place for Hope to grow up in."
"Just be careful." He says. 
"I'll try." I say. "Thank you for taking care of her. I'll hopefully be back." 

I apparate to Hogsmeade, where I see a man standing outside of the Hogshead inn. I walk over to him. 
"You're wanting to get to Hogwarts?" He asks and I nod. 
He leads me to a tunnel, which I walk through and come out in a room I don't recognise but I'm assuming its Hogwarts. 

There were a bunch of people in the room, members of the order, almost all the Weasley's(Charlie wasn't here yet), Harry, Ron, Hermione and Remus. 

Remus was the first to spot me and he quickly walked over to me. 
"What are you doing here?" He demands. "I told you to stay home with Hope." 
"I couldn't just sit around and do nothing." I say. 
"Where's Hope?" He asks. 
"Are you assuming that I'd leave a one year old alone?" I question. "I gave her to your dad, he said he'd take care of her." Remus lets out a short sigh of relief. Did he really assume I would leave a one year old unattended? I'm not that irresponsible. 

"Y/n?" I hear Harry say from behind me. I turn around and pull him in for a hug. 
"You're alive." I say happily. 
"That's an odd way to greet someone." He chuckles. 
"Well, I am odd." I say, releasing him from the hug. 

"Wait, if both you and Remus are here, where's Hope?" He asks. 
"Remus' dad has her." I answer. "Does everyone assume I'm an irresponsible idiot?" 
"You most certainly are an irresponsible idiot." Remus says. 
"I have no clue what you are referring to." I joke. 
"Maybe the fact that even though I specifically told you to stay home and you still came here anyway." 
"Shut up." I mumble. 

**********

I was standing beside Remus, watching as the Deatheaters shot spells at the protective spells around Hogwarts. 
Remus moves to wrap his arm around my shoulders. I lean into his body, savouring the moment which will soon be over.