Christmas

Quidditch was another thing I missed about Hogwarts. The games were always so much fun. I was obviously cheering for Gryffindor in the Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff match. The game was quite intense and the weather was crap, it was November after all. 

Then I suddenly feel a wave of darkness and cold slip over me. Dementors. I notice Harry beginning to look weary and I shoot up in the stands as I see him fall to the ground. Just as he does, the Hufflepuff seeker, Cedric Diggory catches the snitch, clearly not realising anything else was happening.

McGonagall rushes him to the hospital wing and most students follow. I follow too, I was worried about him, he would probably be alright though, I've fallen from much higher than that and I'm still fine. I got injured a lot in quidditch, maybe that's why Remus was always worrying about me before matches. 

"Alright, anyone who is not a close friend of Harry's or on the Gryffindor quidditch team leave. The boy needs rest." McGonagall's voice yells over the commotion in the hall outside the hospital wing.
The crowd disperses but I stay put. There is no way I'm leaving without knowing if Harry is alright. 

"You can stay Mrs Lupin." McGonagall says before allowing me to enter the hospital wing. I shoot her a grateful smile as I enter the room.

"He looks a bit peaky." Ron says.
"Peaky?" One of the twins exclaims.
"What do you expect, he fell over a hundred feet." The other twin says.
"Yeah, come on Ron, lets walk you off the astronomy tower and see what you look like." 

"Probably a right sight better than he normally does." Harry mumbles and everyone turns their attention to him.
"Harry, you're awake." Hermione exclaims. "How are you feeling?"
"Definitely been better." He says. "Did we win the game?" 
"You fall about a hundred feet and the thing you're concerned about is if you won or not?" I ask sarcastically and Harry smiles slightly. 

"But no, we did not win the game." One of the twins says. I really need to figure out which is which. The smile leaves Harry's face.
"Oliver isn't taking it very well." The other twin says. 
"Yeah, he's having a shower in the changing rooms."
"We think he's trying to drown himself." 
"But that's not the worst part." Ron says and places Harry's broken broom onto the hospital bed.
"Is that-?" 
"Your broom?" I cut off. "Yeah."
"What happened?" Harry asks.
"Well, when you fell the wind must've caught your broom and it flew directly into the Whomping Willow." Ron explains. 

Harry lays back in bed in defeat. 
"And there's no way of fixing it?" He asks.
"If there was we would've fixed it by now." I say and harry groans. "I wish there was something I could do." 
"Well clearly there's not." Harry snaps before apologising quickly. 
"Well, I've got to go," I say and begin standing up. "Get some rest. And don't dwell on the match too much, it wasn't your fault."
"Bye Y/n." Harry says, giving me a weak smile. I say goodbye to everyone and leave the hospital wing.

**********

"I heard what happened at the quidditch game Harry," Remus says. "Is there any way of fixing your broom?"
"Nope." Harry says dully.
"Well you could just use the schools ones." Remus suggests.
"Remus, I've said this millions of times," I say. "The schools brooms suck."
"They cant be that bad." Remus argues.
"No, Y/n's right, they are awful." Harry agrees and I smile smugly at Remus, who simply glares at me playfully.

"The dementors shouldn't've even been on the castle grounds," Remus says, changing the subject. "Dumbledore was furious."
"Professor, why do the dementors affect me more than most people?" Harry asks.
"Well, I assume its because of your past," Remus explains. "You have been through more than most fully grown wizards, the way you react is perfectly normal."
"They affect me in the exact same way Harry." I say.
"Well you didn't faint at the quidditch game." 
"That's because I saw you falling and freaked out," I explain. "It was the only thing on my mind and I couldn't focus on anything except the present."
"Does that always work?" Harry asks and I shake my head.
"There is only one spell that can make the dementors back off." Remus says.