The Final Task

This year has gone by very quickly. Harry has done very well on both tasks and I will be going to Hogwarts to watch him in the final task, which is tomorrow. Remus wont be able to come, the full moon is in a few days and he's been having really bad headaches so I've told him to stay at home and sleep all day.

Sirius has already decided that he's coming to watch as well though he will be watching from a distance and will be in his dog form. He'll be fine, nobody will even see him, they'll be too focused on the task. Plus Sirius hasn't really been out of the house in a year and it's stressing him out, getting some fresh air will be good for him.

**********

I was waiting in a room with the other champions' parents. Breakfast was over and McGonagall had just left to get the champions, as they were being called. Soon the kids enter the room. Harry smiles upon seeing me. He walks over to me and I pull him in for a hug.

"I didn't expect you to come watch." Harry says.
"I wouldn't miss it." I say.
"What about Remus and-" Harry trails off.
"Remus is a bit ill right now," I explain and Harry nods his head in understanding. "Sirius is here though." I add in a whisper. Harry's face lights up at the mention of his godfather.
"Where is he?" He asks.
"Why don't we go and see him." I suggest and Harry nods.

We go to exit the room but get stopped by Amos Diggory.
"Bet you're not feeling quite as full of yourself now that Cedric's caught you up on points, are you?"
"What?" Harry says.
"Ignore him," Cedric says to Harry with a frown. "He's been angry ever since Rita Skeeter's article about the Triwizard Tournament- you know, when she made out you were the only Hogwarts champion."
"Didn't bother to correct her, though, did he?" Amos said, loudly enough for us to hear. "Still, you'll show him, Ced. Beaten him once before."
"Of all people I would think that you would know that whatever Rita Skeeter writes is total bullshit." I say to Amos. He looked as though he was going to say something but his wife stopped him. They turned and walked away, Cedric shooting me and Harry an apologetic smile as he follows after his parents.

"Well, lets go then." I say and me and Harry begin heading out of the castle and towards the forest. Harry spots Sirius and runs off to greet him. Sirius, who had just transformed into a human again, tightly hugged Harry. I lean against a tree and watch happily as the two catch up.

"I hate to break this up," I say after a while of the two talking. "But we're going to have to get back to the castle soon, its nearly time for lunch." The boys nod and say their goodbyes.

"Nervous?" I ask as me and Harry walk back up to the castle.
"Yeah." Harry mumbles.
"You'll be fine, you did amazingly on the other two tasks. Just focus on staying alive."

We walk the rest of the way in silence and sit down at the Gryffindor table. Soon Ron joins us at the table.
"Y/n? What are you doing here?" He asks as he sits down across from Harry.
"Families are allowed to come watch the final task." I explain and Ron nods his head and begins telling Harry about how awfully boring his exam was. Fred, George and Ginny also join us at the table. We begin eating and Hermione joins us about halfway through lunch.

"Hello Y/n." She greets me with a smile.
"Hi Hermione." I reply cheerfully.

We all talk happily through lunch and afterwards Harry and I slowly walked around the castle, me giving him tips on what to do in the final task.
It was finally time for dinner so we headed back to the great hall. The feast was huge and seemed to have more courses than usual. Harry was clearly getting more and more nervous by the minute and wasn't eating much.

Dumbledore eventually stood up, silencing the entire hall.
"Ladies and Gentlemen , in five minutes time I will be asking you to make your way down to the quidditch pitch for the third task of the Triwizard Tournament. Will the champions please follow Mr Bagman down to the stadium now."