Plans

"Lily, I've told you a million times," I say. "I don't want a big, fancy wedding. Just a small ceremony is fine."
"Look at this cake though." Lily says and shows me a picture of a ginormous cake from a wedding magazine.
"That looks amazing but I don't think we need a cake that's taller than me," I say. "Lily, a big ceremony would attract too much attention, I don't want anyone getting hurt, or worse. A small wedding is all that's needed."
"Fine," Lily sighs and puts away the picture of the giant cake. "Who will be officiating the wedding?"
"I don't know," I say frustratedly. "Why is wedding planning so dumb?"

Before Lily could answer, James, Sirius and an exasperated looking Remus apparate into the room. 
"What do you guys want?" I ask.
"Y/n, who do you think should be best man?" James asks and I groan and put my head in my hands.
"It should be me." Sirius says.
"Why?" James argues. "I'm Remus' best friend."
"I'm sorry." Remus mutters, sitting beside me and placing his hand comfortingly on my back. 

"Y/n's my sister." Sirius argues.
"Well she's like a sister to me." James shoots back.

"Will you two please stop acting like children," I say frustratedly. "I've got an idea. How about Sirius is best man and James can officiate the wedding."
"That seems fair." Sirius says.
"Can I even legally officiate you guys?" James asks.
"You can go down to the ministry and fill out some forms to get a licence to do it." Remus says.
"Then I'll do it." James says.
"That means I'm in charge of the bachelor party." Sirius says cheerfully and I hear Remus quietly groan.
"That is not going to end well." I hear him mutter under his breath. The boys apparate away again and Lily looks at me.

"Is having James officiate the wedding a good idea?" She asks. "Why not get someone who's actually qualified?"
"It'll be more personal if James does it," I say. "Plus it means we don't need to go through the process of hiring someone and we'll be saving money." 
"Fine, its your wedding, you make the decisions," She says. "Now lets pick out a dress."
"What if I don't want to wear a dress?" I say just to mess with her.
"Stop messing around." She says and pulls out a wedding dress book.
"Is there any black dresses?" I ask, still joking, and Lily groans.
"Can you follow at least one tradition?"
"Black dresses are cool," I say. "And I am kidding, unless I do see an amazing black dress."

**********

Me and Lily had decided to take a break from wedding planning and were currently sitting in her living room watching TV and drinking tea. The boys were out doing something, probably something stupid.

Or at least that's what we thought.

Sirius, Remus and Peter, who I haven't saw in a while, apparate into the room. Lily lifts the remote and turns off the TV.
"Where's James?" She asks concernedly.
"He hasn't done anything stupid if that's what you're worried about." Sirius says.
"He has a surprise for you." Remus says to Lily and sits down beside me. 

Before me and Lily could ask anymore questions, James apparates into the room holding a cute little kitten in his hands.
"You've been wanting a cat for ages," James says and hands Lily the kitten. "Here." 
"I love it." 
"I thought a cat would be the perfect way to start a family." James says. 
"James, this is wonderful," Lily says. "I know you said you wanted a family but I didn't think that you would settle for a cat instead of a child."
"I know we aren't ready for kids yet," James says. "The cat can be practice for when we do have a baby of our own."

"Speaking of babies," Sirius says and looks over at me and Remus. "Will you two be having any kids?"
"We haven't talked about it." I say, feeling quite uncomfortable.
"Well that made everything awkward," Sirius says sensing my discomfort. "Sooooo, Lily, what will you name the cat?"