You Promised Me You'd Stay Safe

Warning: Blood(just a little)

The kids soon returned to school, leaving only me and Sirius in the house as Molly and Arthur returned to their own home and the only other time people were in the house was when there was meetings, which were happening less and less.

Sirius was being all moody and distant, and I feel I was being the exact same. I was really missing Remus. It had been two months since he left to go try and convince a pack of werewolves to join our side if there was a war instead of Voldemort's side. I have no clue how he is, we haven't been able to communicate at all and that's been stressing me out with worry. For all I know he could be dead right now. There's still three weeks until he's due to return though.

I wake up in the middle of the night from yet another nightmare. I have been having nightmares pretty much every night since Remus left, they don't even bother me at this point, I've just grown used to it. I close my eyes and attempt to fall back asleep but I'm suddenly feeling wide awake. I sigh and get out of bed, if I'm awake I might as well do something. I head down the stairs and into the living room to see that Sirius is also awake and is watching a movie.

I sit down on the couch beside him.
"What're you doing awake at this time?" He asks and I scoff.
"I could ask you the same thing." I respond.
"Couldn't sleep." He shrugs. "You?"
"Nightmare." I mutter.
"Again?" He asks and I nod my head. He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him and we silently watch the movie. We watch a bunch of movies and shows until the sun comes up.

Then we hear the front door suddenly open. We both quickly stand up and I realise I don't have my wand. Sirius pulls out his wand and I stay behind him as we go investigate who just entered our home.

We rush into the hall to see Remus hunched over in pain, breathing heavily. I go to rush over to him but Sirius stops me.
"We need to make sure its him and not some trick." He says to me. "Ask him something only he would know."
"Sirius, he's hurt." I argue.
"Then think of something quickly."
"Umm- Why did me and Sirius run away from home?" I ask Remus quickly.
"Because- your mum used- the Cruciatus curse on you." He says between deep breaths. Sirius lets me past him and I rush over to my husband.

"Remus, get to the couch. Sirius go get the first-aid kit, its in the kitchen somewhere, hurry." I command and run up the stairs to get my wand.
I rush back down the stairs and into the living room, where Remus was sitting on the couch, huddled over.
"Lie down." I command and Remus complies, wincing in pain slightly as he does so. "Sirius, hurry!" I yell. I begin casting a bunch of charms and spells to try to stop the pain Remus was feeling. Then I notice there is blood soaking through his shirt. I quickly undo all the buttons on his shirt, revealing a bunch of deep cuts and scratches.

"What happened?" I ask quickly, trying to distract Remus from the pain.
"I-I don't know." Remus says breathily. "I think I might've got into a fight or something. Werewolves have no control when they're turned, and many of them didn't like me very much, I guess they didn't like me when we were turned either." I sigh quietly to myself. Sirius comes running into the room with the first-aid kit.

I begin healing Remus, starting with the deepest cuts and bandaging them up once I've healed them as much as possible. Sirius tries to help out whenever he can but soon gives up after I snap at him for getting in my way, instead he resorts to handing me the potions I ask for.

Soon, Remus was mostly healed and bandaged up. He sits up on the couch and I sit beside him, Sirius goes to return the first-aid kit to the kitchen but I think he's just leaving because he can sense that I'm about to go off and let out all the emotions I've been compressing over the past two months.