Gender Reveal

"You're having a girl!" The nurse announces. I can feel a huge smile forming on my face and I resist the ure to yell out "Ha, I was right" to Remus. I'm trying to pretend to be mature when around the nurse.

Happy tears roll down my face and Remus takes my hand. 
The nurse tells us a few more things before we are allowed to leave. 

Me and Remus head home, hands intertwined and huge smiles on our faces. 
"I told you the baby was going to be a girl!" I exclaim excitedly as we enter the house. 
Remus chuckles. "Fine, you were right." He says with a huge grin. "So, you get to name her. Any ideas so far?"
"I'll admit that I have not been thinking about names at all." I confess.
"Honestly, I'm pretty sure you arent capable of thinking at all." He jokes. 
"I have never been more offended by something I fully agree with." I say and we both laugh. 

**********

Me and Remus come back from shopping for baby stuff, we've decided we're going to start setting up the baby's room. Remus was carrying a majority of the bags because, according to him, I shouldn't lift anything too heavy. I get that he's just worried about me and the baby but he's being really overprotective. 
Not that I'm complaining though, I was just carrying the light stuff, which was really easy. 

We enter the living room and dump all the bags and boxes on the floor. 
"So, first I think we should empty the room." Remus says. 
"Yeah." I mumble quietly. 
"What's wrong?" Remus asks, sensing something was bothering me. 
"Nothing, I'm fine." I insist quickly. 

"Y/n, don't lie to me." Remus says softly and I sigh.
"It's just- that was Sirius' room." I say. "I don't want to change it."
"Y/n, you know there isn't any other room for the baby to sleep in." Remus reminds me. "Unless you're planning on kicking Harry out."
"Fine, lets just go up to the room." I say and we head upstairs, entering what was once Sirius' bedroom. 

I look around the room, glancing at Sirius' belongings, which were laid out around the room messily. I feel tears welling in my eyes as I look around. I wipe away the tears as me and Remus begin using magic to teleport the stuff to the attic. 
More tears begin rolling down my face. I cant do this. I turn around and walk swiftly out of the room. 
I hear Remus call my name as I walk down the stairs and head into the living room, sitting on the couch with my head in my hands.

I feel Remus sit down beside me and carefully place his hand on my shoulder.
"I cant do it." I mutter, leaning into his chest. He gently rubs his hand up and down my back.
"It's okay," Remus says. "Why don't I just set up the room on my own?"
"But I want to help." I mumble.
"You don't have to," He says, holding my body close to him. "I know how hard it must be for you to see all of his stuff. So I'll sort out the room and you can just relax."
"Alright." I say. 

He kisses me softly before letting g of me and standing up.
"Shout on me if you need anything." He says before going back upstairs. 

I stay on the couch for a moment, just staring into space, when I get a sudden craving for cupcakes. But we don't have any in the house.
So I decide to make some, it gives me something to do. 

I made sure we had all the ingredients before I began making the cupcakes. 
It didn't take me too long to make them.
I put them in the oven and decide to go upstairs and see how Remus is doing. 
As I'm walking through the living room I notice all the stuff we had previously bought was gone, Remus must've brought everything upstairs. 

I walk up the stairs and go to enter the room but Remus quickly stops me.
"What are you doing?" I ask.
"I want the room to be a surprise for you." He says. I laugh lightly.
"You are a total weirdo." I say. 
"Please just go back downstairs." He pleads.
"Fine." I say and head back downstairs, a small smile on my face. Damn, I love that idiot so much.