Pregnant?

"Remus, I'm pregnant." 

Remus is clearly in shock. He sits in silence for a moment, clearly not knowing what to say. Thoughts of how he's going to react were running through my head. Is he happy? Does he not want to have a kid? 
I just wish he'd say something. 

"Remus?" I attempt to bring him back to reality. 
"You're pregnant?" He mutters in disbelief. "We're gonna have a baby?" 
"No, a giraffe." I say sarcastically. "Yes, a baby." 
"A baby." He repeats quietly. 

"Are you okay?" I ask softly. 
"I just- I need some time to process this." He says, avoiding looking at me. 
Before I could respond he had apparated away. 

I take a deep breath as I hold back tears. That was not how I wanted him to react. 

I get up off the couch and head to the kitchen, planning to use ice cream to eat my problems away. That's definitely a smart idea(sarcasm). But hey, I'm pregnant, I can eat as much as I want without people judging me. 
I pull out a tub of my favourite ice cream and grab a spoon before heading back to the living room and sitting on the couch. 

I turn on the TV and put on some sappy rom-com. I cry, watch the movie and eat my ice cream(Big Mood)

********** 

Remus was gone for two days before he finally apparated back into the house. 

"Y/n, I'm really sorry for how I reacted." He apologises the moment he sees me. "I was just scared." 
"And you don't think I'm scared? Remus, I'm bloody terrified." 
"I know and I'm sorry," He says. "I was only thinking about how I was feeling, I didn't consider how much you were freaking out too." 
I stay silent, not having anything to say to him. 

"I'm just worried that the baby will be like me," He sighs. "I don't want anyone to suffer the way I have." 
"There's no proof the baby will be a werewolf." I say. "And even if they are, we'll still love them."
"You're right." He mumbles. "You're always right."
I stay silent again.

"Please forgive me." Remus says quietly. I could see it in his face that he was holding back tears. 
"Just promise me you wont leave again." I say and he nods. 
"I promise." He says. I move closer to him and engulf him in a tight hug. 

"I've missed you." I mutter as he wraps his arms around me. 
"I've missed you too." He says. "And I still cant believe we're going to have a baby."
"I know." I say. "I still am a baby." 
Remus chuckles softly before pulling away from me a bit so we were no longer hugging but not far apart.

He looks down slightly before gently placing his hand on my stomach and I see a smile forming on his lips.
"Oh, I almost forgot." He says suddenly, reaching into a bag he had placed on the coffee table when he came in and pulled out a small, soft teddy bear. "I bought this for the baby."
He hands me the bear and I can feel tears welling in my eyes.
"What's wrong?" He asks, noticing the tears.
"Nothing," I answer, wiping my eyes and hugging the bear to my chest. "The pregnancy is just messing with my emotions, that's all."
"Well, I also bought you a bunch of chocolate if that makes you feel better." Remus says.

I hug him again. 
"I love you." I mutter.
"I love you too."

**********

"Y/n, I've been thinking-" Remus says.
"That's dangerous." I joke. He rolls his eyes and chooses to ignore my comment.
"Why don't we do this pregnancy the muggle way." He suggests. 
"What exactly do you mean by that?"