Dumbledore's Demise

I never understood why James and Lily were always complaining about how tired they were when Harry was a baby but I get it now. I'm up every few hours, even when Remus is the one to go check on Hope I still wake up and I find it so hard to fall back asleep. 

But with the full moon coming up, it's been worse because Remus has been more tired and has been getting more headaches so I've been the one getting up every time. 
Which I have no problem with, I just want him to feel alright and I told him to just stay in bed every time, but holy shit have I been feeling exhausted. 

I woke up in the middle of the night, not because of Hope, but instead because when I rolled over in bed, I noticed the lack of Remus. 
I confusedly open my eyes and look at the empty bed beside me. I sit up in bed and grab my wand. 

I cautiously get out of bed, worried something might've happened. 
I exit my room, holding my wand in a defensive position and making as little noise as possible. 
I see a light coming from Hope's room and I look through the slightly opened door. 

I see Remus holding Hope in his arms, sitting on the rocking chair and reading her a book. 
I lower my wand and smile to myself. 
I remain outside the room and listen as Remus reads to Hope, not wanting to disturb them. 

Remus finishes the story and I see him put the book down and he moves Hope in his arms to hold her more comfortably. 
She begins crying, probably because Remus was now silent, and Remus begins rocking her, trying to get her to be quiet again. 

"Shush," I hear him say softly. "If you don't be quiet your going to wake your mum, and she is very cranky when she wakes up." 
I try my best not to laugh as I quietly push the door open, causing Remus to look up at me. 
"So," I start, trying my best to be serious. "I'm cranky when I wake up?" 
Remus chuckles softly. "You heard that?"
"Yeah, I've been standing here for a little while." I say. 

"Well, I'm not wrong," Remus says. "You can be really mean in the mornings." 
"I have no idea what you're referring to." I joke. 
Remus rolls his eyes and returns his attention to Hope. 

I stay leaning against the doorway, watching with a smile as he soothes her to sleep and gently places her down in her crib. 
He then walks over to me and pulls me in for a hug. 

"You should be sleeping." I tell him. 
"So should you." He retorts. 
"I would be if you didn't leave the bed." 
"Well then lets go back to bed." Remus says and I nod in agreement. We both head back to our room and lay down comfortably beside each other. 

The next few days went by rather quickly and it was soon time for Remus to get ready to leave so he can transform. 

"You're sure you'll be fine by yourself?" He asks for the billionth time. 
"Yes." I answer. "And I know that if I need any hep with anything to just head to the burrow, Molly has offered to help out. We'll be fine. You don't need to worry." 
"I know." Remus sighs, pulling me into a hug. 

"I love you." I say before pressing a soft kiss to his lips. 
"I love you too." He says before letting go of me and apparating away. 

**********

The next month went by rather quickly, nothing really happening. 
Until Remus was asked to patrol Hogwarts once again. He obviously asked me if I was okay with being left alone with Hope for the evening, and I was, I had made plans to visit the Burrow anyways because Molly wanted to see Hope.

Me, Molly and Arthur were the only ones at the Burrow when a letter appeared on the table. Molly hurriedly grabs it and reads over it. 

"There was an attack at Hogwarts," She says and worry washes over me. What if something happened to Remus? "Deatheaters. Bill is injured." 
"Does the letter say anything about Remus?" I ask concernedly. 
Molly shakes her head. Maybe he's alright then.