The Afterlife

**Back to Y/n's POV**

When I was alive I always wondered what happened after people died. I always liked to believe there was some sort of afterlife, it gave me a sense of comfort that once we die it isn't just the end. 

But I never once thought that I might actually be correct. 

After dying all I saw was black, but I felt as though I could still open my eyes. It was a weird feeling. 
But when I opened my eyes I saw that I was in the Gryffindor common room. James, Lily, Sirius and Remus were also here. 

"What's going on?" I question. "Where the hell are we?" 
"You're dead." Sirius says. 
"Well no shit." I say sarcastically before tightly hugging him. 

"I've missed you so much." I mumble. 
"I've missed you too." Sirius says. "I haven't missed your sarcasm though." 
"Shut up, you love it when I'm sarcastic." I say with a small smile. I release him from the hug and move to hug James. 

"I'm sorry." I mumble, tears flowing from my eyes. 
"What are you apologising for?" James asks softly. 
"I was a crappy godmother." I say. "I should've been there for Harry but I wasn't." 
"Y/n, you did everything you could." James says and I feel Lily join the hug. 

"You did great." Lily says. "It was Dumbledore that decided he had to stay with my sister, and we know how hard you tried to get him." 
"I've missed you both." 

They release me from the hug and Remus pulls me into his arms. 
"How dare you die." I mumble. 
"I'm sorry." Remus chuckles. "But I didn't get murdered on purpose." 
"I totally think you did." I joke. 

Remus releases me from the hug. 
"So, does anyone know why we're in the Gryffindor common room?" I ask. 
"Well, I think it's because it's where we all felt happiest." Lily explains. "We all have amazing memories here." 
"I guess that kinda makes sense." Remus says with a small shrug. 

We sit and talk for what felt like hours. It felt so nice to be back with everyone. There is part of me wondering if this is all in my head, like a hallucination or something, but I don't care. Hallucination or not, I'm happy. 

Sorry that chapter was really short, I just had the idea of some sort of afterlife where everyone was together again and I thought we kinda needed some reassurance that everyone is happy. 
Next chapter is probably gonna be emotional af again, so be prepared for that. It will hopefully be a decent length(unlike this one)
Also, I think the next chapter will be the last one. It is so difficult for me to accept that this book is almost over. 
So, thank you all for reading.
Byeeeee.