Back at Hogwarts

"And I would like to introduce you all to Professor Lupin, who will be taking over the position of Defence Against the Dark Arts and his wife, who would prefer it if everyone called her Y/n, who will be helping Professor Lupin and Hagrid, who will be taking over as Care for Magical Creatures professor after Professor Kettleburn retired to spend his time with his remaining limbs." Dumbledore finishes speaking and everyone applauds as food appears on all the tables.

It feels weird being back at Hogwarts and sitting at the teachers table, usually me and my friends would be at the Gryffindor table planning a stupid prank or something. 
I look over at the Gryffindor table and catch a glimpse of Harry. I instantly knew it was him. Dumbledore was right, he looks exactly like James. I then feel a tear rolling down my cheek and quickly wipe it away.

"What's wrong?" Remus asks upon seeing this.
"He looks just like James," I say and Remus instantly understands. "It feels weird being back here without everyone else."
"I know." He says and grasps my hand under the table. He lets go of my hand and we begin filling our plates with food. I had forgotten how wonderful the food here was. 

After eating and once all the students had left the Great Hall, me and Remus began walking to the door when we were stopped.
"I guess they're letting anyone be teachers." Snape's voice rings through my ears.
"And what is that supposed to mean?" I say as I turn to face him. He was just as ugly and greasy as he was in our school years. Remus puts his hand on my arm in an attempt to make me not punch Snape.
"Well, I don't know how parents would feel about a half breed teaching their children." 
"Oh really, well I don't know how they'd feel about a snivelly, greasy dickhead teaching their children." I retaliate.
"Y/n, stop." Remus says in my ear.
"Better listen to your mutt." Snape says and I go to throw a punch at him but Remus grabs my arm before it can make contact and drags me away from Snape. 

"You cant just go around punching people." Remus says, still tightly grasping my arm. 
"I wasn't just going to stand there and do nothing while he insulted you." I argue and we stop walking and Remus turns me around slightly so that we are now facing each other.
"You don't need to stick up for me all the time, his opinion of me doesn't matter, the only opinion that matters to me is mine. You wanna know who taught me that? You. You're the one that taught me that what other people think about me doesn't matter, that its who I really am that counts and that sometimes people will be too judgemental to see how great I really am. So you don't need to go around throwing punches just because people don't like me, alright?"
"Fine, I guess you're right." I say. " Can we go to bed now, I'm tired." 
"Of course sleepyhead." Remus says with a chuckle and wraps one arm around my shoulders as we continue the walk to the sleeping quarters. 

**********

The first day of classes went by really smoothly. All the students seemed to really enjoy Remus' lessons and Hagrid was also enjoying his first day of teaching.

Tomorrow I will be helping Hagrid teach the third years, Harry's class and I'll be helping Remus teach Harry's class about Boggarts. Two classes where I have the chance to even be near Harry. 

**********

"A'right class, this way, come a little closer, don' be frighten'd." Hagrid says motioning the third years closer to the Hippogriff, who was called Buckbeak and was absolutely lovely and really enjoyed me petting him. The class didn't seem to keen to get closer but Harry and his two friends, who I've learned are called Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, got closer to the creature, I'm assuming its because of their friendship with Hagrid and they didn't want to upset him, he had clearly put a lot of thought into this lesson.