The End Of Summer

How is this the third chapter I've written on this one summer? What the fuck is wrong with me? (A lot probably...)

I hear a knock on the door and reluctantly get off my ass and answer the door.
"Oh, Professor Dumbledore, hello." I was rather surprised to see Dumbledore at my door. "Can I help you with something?"
"I need to borrow Harry for a bit, just a few hours." He explains.
"Why?" I question.
"I'm trying to get Horace Slughorn out of retirement to come teach and I know that he wont agree easily, I was hoping that Harry might be able to persuade him."
"Well, it's up to Harry I guess." I say. I take a step away from the door. "Please come in while I go get him." 

Dumbledore enters my home and I point out the door to the living room and ask him to wait in there. I walk up the stairs and knock on Harry's door before entering the room.

"Hey Y/n," Harry greets me. "Who was at the door?"
"Dumbledore." I answer. "He wants you to do something for him." 
Harry stands up in the blink of an eye. We head downstairs and Harry goes into the living room but I go into the kitchen, leaving the two alone.

I reach into a cupboard and pull out a bag of crisps. I open the bag and munch on the snack. I was just about fished when Dumbledore walks into the kitchen, Harry following behind him.
"We should be heading out now," Dumbledore says. "I'll bring Harry home soon."
I say bye to Harry before Dumbledore grabs his arm and the pair apparate away. 

**********

Today was Harry's birthday. Me and Remus had bough him some presents and so had Ron and Hermione. 
I woke up early, before Remus even did, so I could try and make a cake. A chocolate cake to be precise. I was pretty good at baking(in my opinion) but I didnt know how I was going to manage this time because last time I baked cookies I accidentally broke the scales. I repared them using magic but they've been a bit wonky ever since so I'm just gonna try and estimate the measurements needed. What could go wrong?

I pour a decent amount of flour from the bag into a bowl.
"I guess that seems alright." I mutter to myself. I grab the sugar and put that in. I put in the rest of the ingredients and stir them all together. I dip my finger into the mixture and bring it up to my mouth. I taste the mixture. It tastes pretty good, it tastes like cake batter should at least.
I wash my hands before getting a cake tin and pouring the mixture in and putting it in the oven. 

I decide to make myself some toast, it was breakfast time after all. I was munching on my toast when I heard someone coming down the stairs.
It was Remus. He enters the kitchen looking tired and confused.
"What are you doing out of bed at this time?" He asks.
"I decided to make Harry a birthday cake." I shrug. 
"How have you done that? I though the scales were messed up."
"They are, I just guessed the measurements." 
"So this cake might be awful." Remus says.
"Well the batter tasted fine." I say. 

Remus doesn't question me and decides to instead make himself a cup of coffee. 
I sit down on the floor and look through the little window on the oven, staring at the cake.
"That wont make it cook faster." Remus comments. 
"It might," I say. "I could have secret super powers."
"Powers that make cakes cook faster?"
"Yep." I answer. 
"You are ridiculous." He chuckles.
"Yep, but you love me."

After what feels like an eternity the cake was finally ready to be taken out of the oven. I take the cake out and leave it to cool as I begin making the frosting. 
The cake didn't take too long to be cool enough to begin decorating. I coloured the frosting red and wrote "Happy Birthday Harry" in yellow icing(hmm, wonder why I chose those colours).