Dreams

**Hope's POV 10 years later**

I was in my room at the Burrow, which has been my home since I was eight, I moved here after my granddad died. I was packing my things for going to Hogwarts. I had wrote a list of everything I needed to pack in my trunk but I was still terrified I was going to forget something. 

I hear a knock on my bedroom door and turn to see Harry standing in the doorway. 
"Hey," He greets me. "You almost done? We need to leave soon." 
"Yeah, just double checking I've got everything." I answer. 
"I swear this is the millionth time you've 'double checked.'" Harry jokes. 

"I just don't want to forget anything." I say. 
"If you do forget anything I'll just send it to Hogwarts." He says. 
"Thanks."

**********

Me and Harry were at Platform nine and three quarters. The train didn't leave for another ten minutes but we thought it'd be best to get here early. 

"I have something to give you before you go." Harry says, pulling something out of his pocket and handing it to me. 
It was a heart-shaped locket. I open it up and see a picture of my parents smiling up at me. I smile to myself, feeling tears welling in my eyes. 

Harry pulls me in for a short hug. 
"Thank you." I mumble. Harry helps me put the locket on. 

The train whistles, signalling it was leaving soon. 
"Have fun," Harry says. "I'll see you at Christmas." 
"Bye." I say, hugging him one last time before getting on the train. 

I find an empty compartment to sit in and look out the window. I wave bye to Harry one last time as the train pulls out of the station. 

I pull a book out of the bag I had over my shoulder and begin reading. 
I read for a moment before being interrupted by a knock on the compartment door. 

"Mind if we sit here?" A boy with dark hair asks. I notice there was another boy standing beside him. 
"I don't mind." I shrug and go back to reading my book as the pair sit down. 

"So, what's your name?" One of the boys asks. I look up and realise he was talking to me. 
"My name's Hope." I answer. 
"I'm Dylan." One of the boys says. "This is my friend Alec." 
"Nice to meet you both." I say politely before trying to read again. 

"Whatcha reading?" Dylan asks. 
"Dylan, leave the girl alone." Alec says. "She clearly just wants to read her book, not have a conversation with you. I don't see why anyone would want to have a conversation with you." 
"You have conversations with me." Dylan argues. 
"That's because you always annoy me into talking to you." Alec says. 

I smile to myself at the boys bickering, reminding me of being back home at the Burrow. Anytime we'd have a family dinner with everyone there would be random little arguments about the silliest of things. 

I read the book for a while longer until I hear the call of my name. 
I look up and put my book down on my lap. It was Dylan who said my name. Alec just rolled his eyes. 
"Yes?" I question. 
"So, now that I have your attention," Dylan says. "What house do you think you'll be in?" 
"Umm, I'm not sure." I answer. "I think I could be a Ravenclaw, I'm quite smart. But I'd like to be in Gryffindor, both my parents were in Gryffindor so I just think it'd be nice. What about you two?" 
"I think I'll be a Gryffindor." Dylan says. 
"I don't mind what house I'm in." Alec shrugs. 

We talk for the rest of the journey. Turns out Dylan and Alec grew up together, their parents being close friends. They were practically brothers.