Recovery

Another letter had arrived. It was about Remus' mum's funeral. It was in a week. 
Upon reading the letter Remus broke down again. I held him as he cried and it hurt me seeing him like this. 

**********

It was the day of the funeral and I woke up with a piercing headache. Just great, that's exactly what I need right now, illness. I groan quietly as I sit up in bed. I carefully get out of bed, trying not to wake the still asleep Remus. I quietly leave the room and head to the kitchen. I look through out medicine drawer, trying to find something that will help. I cant find anything. Just fucking great.

Then I hear the phone ring. The sound was loud and shrill and pierced through my head and I groaned in pain before answering the phone.
"Hello?" I groan, probably sound tired and dead.
"Hey Y/n." I hear Lily say.
"Oh, hey Lily." I reply. "Why are you phoning this early in the morning?"
"Y/n, its half seven," Lily says. "Its not that early."
"It really is, but continue."
"I was just wondering if Remus was doing ok, especially with today being the funeral."
"He's not up yet," I say. "But with how loud the phone is, I'm sure everyone in the entire universe is awake."
"Y/n, are you ok?" Lily asks as I groan for the billionth time this morning.
"Fine, just got a really bad headache."
"Haven't you got anything that might help?" She asks.
"Not that I can find," I say. "Do you have anything? I really cannot deal with having a headache today."
"Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've got something that will help," Lily says. "Do you want me to come over with it?"
"Yes please." I say.
"Alright, see you in a minute." Lily says and hangs up the phone.

I sigh quietly and flop down on the couch. Then Lily apparates in front of me. I notice that she's holding a small phial of a green liquid. 
"Take this." She commands and hands me the phial. I smile gratefully at her before taking a sip. It tastes awful but I swallow it. 
"Its not helping, all its done is put an awful taste in my mouth." I say.
"It will take a while to take affect," Lily says and sits down beside me on the couch. She gently presses her hand to my forehead to check my temperature."You're feeling really warm, maybe you shouldn't go to the funeral and just get some rest instead."
"Lily, I cant not go to the funeral," I say. "I need to be there for Remus. He shouldn't go alone."
"So you're going to risk your own health?" 
"Lily, its just a headache," I argue. "I think I'll live."
"Y/n," Lily says in a motherly voice. "Just drink some water please, also eat some food, that might help get your strength up."

I nod my head and stand up to go to the kitchen but Lily stops me.
"You stay here, I'll get you some water and something to eat." 
"Good luck with that," I say sarcastically. "We've got barely any food."
"How are you even alive?" She asks sarcastically as she walks into the kitchen. She pours some water from the tap into a glass and floats it over to me using her wand.
"Thanks." I say as she begins looking through the cupboards for anything edible.
"How do you only have a bag of sugar, a tin of beans and a bag of pasta?" She asks and opens the fridge, which only contains a few cans of beer. "Ok, I'm going home, I'll make you some food and then I'll come back." 
"Thank you," I say. "Oh and could you also make some food for Remus and Sirius, we cant keep having beer for breakfast."
"You really need to buy some food." She says before apparating back to her house.  

She soon returns, this time with James and both of them were carrying a few plates each with their wands.
"Ok, I've got food for everyone." Lily says as she and James place the plates on the coffee table.
"James can you go wake Sirius up?" I ask and James groans.
"He's your brother, why don't you wake him up?" He asks.
"Because I'm going to wake Remus up," I say. "Lily, you know where the cutlery is right?"
"Surprised you even have cutlery." She mutters as she walks into the kitchen.