Beginning Of Yet Another Summer

I wake up in the middle of the night from yet another nightmare. Well, technically it was more of a memory. Every night the memory of losing Sirius plays over in my mind and it's slowly killing me from the inside. 

I look to my left, where Remus was still sleeping peacefully. I sit up carefully and wipe away the tears that had escaped my eyes. 
I get out of bed, trying my best not to wake Remus. I grab my wand off the bedside table and exit the room. 

I head down the stairs, being careful to avoid the one creaky step near the bottom, and head into the kitchen. If I'm awake I might as well make myself a cup of tea or something. 
I fill up the kettle and put it on to boil. I reach up into the cupboard and pull out a mug. I get a teabag and put it in the mug.
I hop up onto the counter, resting my head on the cupboard behind me and close my eyes. I am still really tired but there's no way I'm going to be able to go to sleep. 

The sound of someone's footsteps makes me open my eyes again and instinctively grab my wand. 
I hop off the counter and head towards the sound of the footsteps. I raise my wand, ready to shoot a spell at whoever might be in my house.
I exit the kitchen, into the living room and come face to face with Harry, who also had his wand raised.

"Jeez kid, you scared me." I say, lowering my wand as Harry does the same.
"Sorry, I thought you might've been an intruder or a death eater or something."
"And your first thought was to deal with it yourself instead of waking up me or Remus?" 
He shrugs. "I'm too tired to think properly."
"You must always be tired then." I tease.
"Hey." Harry says offendedly. "I think properly sometimes."

"Oh yeah, name one time." I say. 
He thinks for a moment. "Ok maybe you're right."
We both laugh quietly. "So, what're you doing up?" I ask.
"Couldn't sleep." He mumbles. "What about you?"
"Same as you. I was making tea, do you want some?"
"Sure." He shrugs and we head into the kitchen. 

The kettle was done boiling so I get another mug and another teabag before pouring the boiled water into both mugs. I finish making the tea and hand one of the mugs to Harry. 
"Hey, I was wondering if Ron and Hermione could come stay at some point during the holidays." Harry asks. 
"Yeah, sure." I say. 
"Thanks." He smiles at me. 

We both finish our tea in silence. Once harry had finished he put his mug down on the counter.
"Right, I think it's about time you should go to bed." I say.
"You should probably go to bed too." Harry replies.
"Hey, you don't get to tell me what to do." I say jokingly. "I'm the adult here." 
"You are way too immature to be an adult." Harry laughs.
"Shut up and get to bed." I say, also laughing. 

I wave my wand, making the mugs begin washing themselves, and then me and Harry begin walking up the stairs, both heading back to bed.
"Goodnight Harry." I say quietly.
"Night." He says before entering his bedroom and closing the door softly behind him.

I head into my bedroom and carefully get into bed, not wanting to wake Remus.
"Y/n? What're you doing up?" I hear Remus mumble groggily.
"I couldn't sleep so I made myself a cup of tea." I reply quietly. "Just try and go back to sleep."
I lay down close to him and he wraps his arms around my waist, keeping me close to him. 
This is one thing I've always loved about Remus, he loves having me close to him. My entire life I always felt like I was a burden to those around me, that nobody actually wanted me around -most of these paranoid thoughts probably came from the things my mother would always say to me- but Remus has always made sure that I've always felt wanted, whether it be with small things like holding my hand or wrapping his arm around my shoulders as we walk. It's the little things he does that always manages to put a small smile on my face and make me feel like I matter. I love him so much.