The Truth is Revealed

"Do you think I'm doing the right thing?" Remus asks me as we tidy up the defence against the dark arts classroom.
"With what?"
"Teaching Harry how to cast the patronus charm," Remus says. "He isn't supposed to learn about it for a few more years. What if he isn't ready?"
"Remus, he wants to learn it." I say. "Plus, it'll be good if it helps him."
Remus sighs and kisses me lightly on the top of my head.
"You're right. Of course you're right." He mumbles. "Well, I've got to go meet Harry. Are you sure you don't want to come with me?"
I shake my head. "Even though its not a real dementor it still affects me badly and I really don't want to deal with that right now."
"Alright, I'll see you later then." He kisses me and leaves the room.

I wait a few moments after he leaves before grabbing my jacket and putting on my shoes. I quickly walk out of the room and practically run through the halls.
I exit the castle and change into my animagus form before sprinting off into the forest where I would be one again meeting up with my brother.

**Remus' POV**

I was waiting for Harry to arrive when I saw what looked the figure of a wolf racing across the castle grounds. Is that Y/n?

"Professor Lupin?" I hear Harry's voice from behind me and turn to face him.
"Hello Harry," I greet him with a smile, ignoring the fact that I swear I just saw Y/n and have no clue what she's up to. "Are you ready to begin?"
Harry nods excitedly and I begin teaching him about the patronus charm.

Once we decided to finish up for the day I looked out the window once again, hoping to see if I can spot Y/n once again but I knew it was hopeless. She was probably either back inside again or she's hidden in the forest. What is she up to?

"Hey Remus." I hear her say from behind me. "What're you up to?"
"I could ask you the same thing." I say as I turn to face her.
"What do you mean?" She asks confusedly and I'm beginning to even wonder if it was her that I saw.
"Were you outside earlier?" I ask.
"Oh yeah, I needed some fresh air so I went out on a walk." She says.
"In your animagus form?" I ask and she nods her head.
"It helps me avoid people, plus people would start asking questions if they saw me running around the grounds late in the evening. Its a bit less suspicious when I'm a wolf." She explains and I nod my head.

"So what were you doing in the forest?"
"I enjoy the trees." She shrugs. "Why are you asking so many questions?"
I don't know how to answer this. Why was I asking so many questions?
"I don't know, just forget I asked." I mutter.
"Remus, is there something on your mind?"
"I don't know." I mutter and she looks at me, eyes laced with concern.
"Are you alright?"
"I'm fine." I say but I can tell she doesn't believe me. "Lets just go get ready for bed, its getting late."
She nods her head and I take her hand in mine as we head to our bedroom.

**Y/n's POV**

I can tell Remus is beginning to get suspicious about why I've been sneaking around and I have no clue what to tell him. I couldn't tell him the truth, I don't know how he'd react but I do know that he wont react well.
Back when Sirius had been put in Azkaban, me and Remus fought quite a bit. Remus believes that Sirius was the one who sold out James and Lily to Voldemort and he didn't listen to me when I told him what actually happened. It got so bad that I didn't know if our relationship would even survive but we eventually came to the agreement to not speak about what happened that Halloween night all those years ago.
And we stuck to this rule, neither of us mentioned it, neither of us spoke about what we believe happened.
So that's why I cant tell Remus where I'm going when I go out at night, he thinks it was Sirius' fault that James and Lily are dead, there is no way he'd accept me going out to see Sirius.

**********

I was on a late night stroll around the castle. I couldn't sleep and thought that maybe walking around would tire me out. So far, its not working.
I turn the corner to see Snape pointing his wand at Harry.