Twelve Years Later...

It has been almost twelve years since I lost everything. Well, almost everything. I've still got Remus. James and Lily died, Harry was sent to Lily's sister, Sirius was arrested and Peter is apparently dead. 
I had tried to get Sirius out of Azkaban, I knew he hadn't been the one to betray Lily and James but nobody listened to me, I'm his sister, apparently that means that my opinion of him is invalid. He wasn't given a fair trial, he wasn't even given a trial, they just put him straight into Azkaban. I was eventually banned from the court because it is apparently rude to swear at everyone just because they are stupid assholes. I had also tried to get custody of Harry but apparently that wasn't happening either. 

So that just left me and Remus. We've stayed together all these years and I have no idea why he's stayed with me this long. He's the most amazing person ever, he deserves so much better than me. 

"I had to leave my job again." Remus says one day after he comes home earlier than usual. I frown to myself, he was really enjoying this job.
"Why don't you just not have a job for a while," I suggest. "I make enough money for the two of us to live off of."
Remus just sighs and flops down onto the couch. "I just wish that I could get a stable job and was able to support you so you never had to work." 
"Well we don't always get what we wish for." I say and kiss him on the cheek before turning to go into the kitchen when we hear a knock on the door.

I go and answer it to see Dumbledore. 
"Hello Mrs Lupin," Dumbledore greets. "Is Remus home?" 
"Hello. Yes, he is home." I say and let him in the house. "He's in the living room." I say and lead Dumbledore to Remus. "I'll just let the two of you talk." I say before heading into the kitchen to begin cooking. 

I cant help but hear parts of their conversation.
"-Job position at Hogwarts-" I hear Dumbledore say and I walk closer to the door so I can hear more of the conversation.
"That sounds brilliant," Remus says and I stand at the doorway of the kitchen, going unnoticed as I watch them speak. "But what about Y/n, I cant just leave her here, especially not with everything that's been happening recently."
"Yes you can." I say and both men turn their attention to me. "I can take care of myself. You should take the job." 
"I'm not going to leave you." Remus says and Dumbledore clears his throat, getting our attention.
"I believe there is some way that we can make Y/n of use at Hogwarts, maybe she could be your teaching assistant, or she could help out Hagrid, who is going to be our new Care of Magical Creatures professor."
"That seems wonderful." I say.

"But what about my 'condition'?" Remus asks.
"I suppose you can do what you did in Hogwarts, transform in the safety of the shrieking shack." Dumbledore says.
"But what if I hurt someone?" Remus asks.
"You wont." I say. 
"Fine, I'll take the job." Remus says. 
"Well, I guess I will see you both at the start of term." Dumbledore says and stands up to leave.

"Wait," I say. "I need to ask you something."
"Of course." Dumbledore says and turns to face me.
"How is Harry?" I ask.
"He's fine," Dumbledore says. "He is proving to be just as mischievous as James was. Looks quite like James too, he has Lily's eyes though. You'll get to see him again soon. Now, I have things I need to do, I will see you both soon." He then apparates away.

**********

"Remus, are you sure you'll be fine alone this month?" I ask for the millionth time. The full moon was the day before the first day at Hogwarts. Teachers usually got to Hogwarts before the students did but because of the moon Remus would have to leave at the same time as the students and had decided that it would be best if I get to Hogwarts on time instead of being with him during this months transformation.
"Y/n, I'll be fine." He insists and goes back to focusing on packing, making sure he has everything before we leave.
"Well, if you're sure." I say and kiss him on the cheek. "I'm going for a bath."