Never Been Happier

I sat in the hospital bed, cradling my infant daughter in my arms. She is literally the most adorable thing I have ever saw in my life. She is only a day old and I already love her more than anything in the world, including Remus. But I am 100% sure he also feels the same about Hope. 

Speaking of Remus, he is currently out. He says he has a surprise for me, which I'm dying to find out. I hope the surprise is food, I'm fed up of hospital food even though I've only had a few meals here, but luckily we get to go home later today. 

Remus comes back to the hospital after a little while. 

"So, what's the surprise?" I ask. 
"You'll just have to wait till we get home." He says. 
"Come on, just tell me." I beg. 
"Nope." 
"Fine," I pout. "But you don't get to hold Hope until you tell me." 

"Now that's not fair." Remus complains, sitting down beside me. 
"You're being mean so I'm being meaner." 
"No, I'm being a loving husband by surprising you, you're being evil." He retaliates. 

The doctor/nurse/whatever came into the room, stopping our playful bickering, to check up on me and Hope, making sure we were both healthy enough to go home. 
Thankfully there were no problems, meaning we could leave the hospital and go home. 

We walked far enough away from the hospital, me carefully pushing Hope in her pram, until we found an empty alley to apparate in. 
We apparate outside of the house. 

"For your surprise I think I should take the pram." Remus insists. I eye him suspiciously but allow him to take the handles of the pram from me. 
I open the front door for him and he carefully pushes the pram inside. I enter the house behind him, really confused as to what this surprise is. 

"Finally, you're home." I hear a familiar voice say from the living room. I excitedly run into the living room and am greeted by my godson, who was waiting impatiently on the couch. 

Harry stands up the moment I enter the room and I quickly pull him in for a tight embrace.
"What are you doing here?" I ask him once I release him from my grasp. 
"I got in contact with Dumbledore," Remus explains from the doorway, Hope now in his arms. "I thought Harry would like to meet Hope and since it's the weekend Dumbledore agreed, but I'll have to take him back to Hogwarts tomorrow afternoon at the latest." 
I walk over to Remus and pull him in for a hug, which was rather difficult due to the fact that he was holding a child but it kinda worked I guess. 
"Thank you." I mumble and he presses a soft kiss to my head. 

I carefully take Hope from Remus arms and go to sit down on the couch beside Harry, who had sat down again. 
Harry smiled once he saw the baby in my arms.
"Wanna hold her?" I ask and Harry looks quite terrified honestly. "Why are you acting like I just asked you to hold a ticking time-bomb?" I laugh. 
"I've never held a baby before." He says. 
"It's really not that difficult, I promise." 

"But what if I drop her?" Harry asks. This is literally the dude that has fought Voldemort on several occasions and he's scared of holding a baby? 
"Harry, I trust you not to drop her." I say. 
"Plus, I'm here with my wand if necessary." Remus says rather unhelpfully. 

"Alright." Harry nods and I carefully place Hope in his arms. He smiles adoringly at her as she wiggles about into a comfortable position. 
"What did you say her name was?" Harry asks. 
"Hope." I answer. "Hope Sirius Lupin." 

"Sirius would've loved her." Harry says, his eyes never leaving Hope. I could see that he was holding back tears so I gently wrap my arm around his shoulder. 
"He would've spoiled her a lot." I say. 
"As if she isn't already spoiled enough." Remus comments, sitting down beside me.