Another Christmas

I was aimlessly walking around the silent house. Remus was at Hogwarts, along with a few other members of the Order, I'm pretty sure they just have to patrol the corridors for a while because Dumbledore is out on 'business' -whatever that means- and wants to make sure that Hogwarts is still safe. 

The house is too quiet, I hate it. 
Honestly though, I should be enjoying the silence because in roughly four months there will be no silence at all. 
Damn, it is hard to believe I'm around about five months pregnant already, it really doesn't feel like it's been that long. 
That's probably because I didn't find out until I was three months along. 

I decide to put on a movie and curl up on the couch with a blanket, which ended with me falling asleep. I had somehow managed to get into a really comfortable position, my head on the armrest and my body stretched out over the couch, lying on my side with the blanket wrapped around me.

I woke up to the sound of someone apparating into the house. 
I quickly open my eyes, worried it might be a Deatheater or something. 

"Calm down, it's just me." Remus says. I relax, sitting up and stretching. 

"So, how was it?" I ask.
"Boring." Remus answers. "We just had to wander around the halls making sure there wasn't anyone in the castle that shouldn't be there. There obviously wasn't of course. It was kinda like prefect duties, but somehow more boring."
"Sounds fun." I say sarcastically as Remus sits down on the couch beside me.
"Very." He murmurs. 

"So, how was your evening?" He asks me. 
"It was alright, nothing interesting." I answer. "I missed you though."
"I missed you too." He says as I move to rest my head on his shoulder. 

"Then why did you agree to go?" I ask. 
Remus shrugs. "Dumbledore offered to pay me for it." 
"Remus-" I start, lifting my head from his shoulder. 
"Y/n, we have a baby on the way, we need all the money we can get." 
"We still have the money that Sirius left." 
"I'm just worried that we might run out." He says. "Neither of us have jobs, neither of us can really get jobs. I cant get a job because I'm a werewolf and you cant get one because you're pregnant."
"Technically, I could get a job right now," I say. "I would just have to take maternity leave in a few months." 

"Look, the only reason I'm doing this for Dumbledore is because I don't want us having to worry about money right now, we have enough to worry about." Remus says. 
"I know," I sigh. "I just hate it when you're not around." 
"I know you do." He says, kissing me softly on my forehead. 

"I just get really worried something might happen when you're away." I admit. "And I've got about a million times more paranoid now that I'm pregnant." 
"I know, I worry too." Remus says. "But if its any consolation, I'll not be away from you for all of April. I don't want to risk possibly missing the birth of this little one." He places his hand on my stomach. 
"I guess that's okay then." I say, looking down at his hand and smiling. 

**Time skip to Christmas because my brain cant produce ideas for this chapter right now**

Me, Remus and Harry were at the Burrow for Christmas, something I have definitely been looking forward to. 

We arrived there early Christmas morning, after opening our presents of course, and were immediately filled with festivity and joy. The Burrow is always such a cheerful place, I love it. 

"Molly, are you sure there isn't anything I can do to help out?" I ask. Molly has everyone working to help her make dinner.
"Don't worry about it," She says. "There's plenty of people in the house to help out, you don't need to do a thing."