The Battle Is Won

**Third person POV**

"You have fought valiantly." Voldemort's voice rings through all of Hogwarts. "Lord Voldemort knows how to value bravery. Yet you have sustained heavy losses. If you continue to resist me, you will all die, one by one. I do not wish for this to happen, every drop of magical blood spilled is a loss and a waste. Lord Voldemort is merciful. I command my forces to retreat immediately. You have one hour. Dispose of your dead with dignity. Treat your injured."

"I speak now, Harry Potter, directly to you." He continues. "You have permitted your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself. I shall wait for one hour in the Forbidden Forest. If, at the end of the hour, you have not come to me, have not given yourself up, then the battle commences. This time I shall enter the fray myself and I shall find you and I shall punish every man, woman and child who has tried to conceal you from me. One hour." 

Both Ron and Hermione instantly knew that Harry would go to Voldemort. 
"Don't listen to him." Ron says. 
"It'll be alright," Hermione says quickly. "Lets just get back to the castle, if he's gone to the forest we'll need to think of a new plan." 

The three hurried back to the castle. 

The castle was eerily silent. Blood stained the floor and walls. 
The trio arrive at the Great Hall and stop at the door. The house tables were gone and the room was crowded. The survivors stood in groups, most of them hugging one another. Madam Pomfrey and a few other healers were rushing around trying to help anyone who was injured. 

The dead lay in a row in the middle of the hall. Harry could see Y/n's body, with Remus laying beside her. The Weasley's were gathered around Y/n's body and Fred was telling his mother about how Y/n saved him, that if it wasn't for her he would be dead right now. Molly pulls Fred into a hug, tears rolling down her face. 

Ron and Hermione walked over and joined the Weasley's but Harry stayed where he was. He couldn't help but feel guilty. If he had just given himself up in the first place nobody would've got hurt, nobody would've died. 

Harry turned and ran, knowing what he needs to do. His heart was pounding in his chest.
He pulled the snitch Dumbledore left him from his pocket and whispered "I am about to die." 
The metal shell broke open and inside there was a small, black stone inside. He knew what he had to do. He closed his eyes and turned the stone over in his hand three times. 

When he opened his eyes he saw five people. His mum, dad, Sirius, Remus and Y/n(the latter three looking younger and healthier). 
"You have been so brave Harry." Lily says. 
"You're nearly there," James says. "We are so proud of you." 

"Does it hurt?" Harry asks. The question slipped off his tongue before he could even think about what he was saying. 
"Dying? Not at all." Sirius assures him. "Quicker and easier than falling asleep." 

"I didn't want any of you to die." Harry says. "I'm sorry." 
"Don't be sorry Harry." Remus says. 
Harry turns to face Remus and Y/n. "But you two have Hope, I'm sorry." 
"Stop apologising." Y/n says softly. "It wasn't your fault. I'm just sorry that we wont be there to see Hope grow up. But she'll know that we died to make the world a better place for her to live in, one where she wont have to be worried about a psychotic murderer." 

"I'm scared." Harry admits quietly. James looks as though he is refraining himself from making a dad joke, Lily was glaring at the side of his head, knowing exactly what he wanted to say. 
"It's alright to be scared, Harry." Y/n says calmly. "But we know you can do this." 
"You all stay with me?" Harry asks. 
"Until the very end." James says.
"They wont be able to see you?" Harry asks. 
"We're a part of you," Sirius says. "Invisible to anyone else." 

Harry glanced around at each person. 
"Stay close to me." He says quietly. And he set off. 

(Just gonna skip the entire second half of the battle because I don't care)

It was over. Voldemort was finally defeated. 

**********

Harry felt weird being back in Y/n and Remus' home while it was empty. It was eerily silent and he did not enjoy it. He half expected to see Y/n walking down the stairs or hear her quietly singing to herself as she cooks something in the kitchen. But he knew that wouldn't be happening. 

Like Y/n had said, under her bed was a box filled with phials of memories, and there was also a pensieve in the box. 
Harry took the box down the stairs and sat it on the table. He sat on the couch and just stared at the box for a moment. He was really going to see memories of his parents. 

He quickly takes the pensieve out of the box and grabs one of the phials. He pours the contents into the pensieve before going in it. 

Harry looked around. He instantly recognised that he was in the Gryffindor common room. He saw Remus reading a book while Sirius and Peter were talking about something. 
He saw the his father was talking to Y/n so he stood by them and listened to the conversation. 

"Y/n, you were brilliant." James says. "There is no way you wont get on the team." They must be talking about quidditch, Harry thinks to himself. 
"But what if I don't?" Y/n asks. 
"Then I will fight the captain and make sure you get put on the team." James jokes. 
"You are not going to fight anyone." Y/n says with a  small laugh. 

"I will if I have to." James says. 
"Fine," Y/n says. "But if you end up getting yourself beat up then it's your own fault."  

The memory fades into a different one. 

Tears had stained Y/n's face. Sirius was standing beside her, and arm on her shoulder. They were in a house Harry didn't recognise. James soon came running down the stairs, he had a smile on his face, excited to see his friends but the smile soon disappears after seeing the tears on Y/n's face. 

"Are you alright?" He asks, walking over to the pair. 
"It doesn't matter." Y/n mumbles. 
"Y/n, you don't cry unless something really bad happened." James says, giving her a concerned look. "What happened?" 
"We just had a really bad argument with mum," Sirius explains. "We had to get away." 

James doesn't question them any further and pulls Y/n in for a tight hug. 
"If you want to talk about it I'm always here for you." He says to her. 

The memory changes again. 

This time it was clearly a few years later. They were in an apartment. James was sitting on the couch, a small baby in his arms. Lily was sat beside him.

"Everyone, this is Harry." James announces, a proud smile on his face. 
"He's so small." Sirius says, tears in his eyes. 
"Great observation Sirius." Y/n says sarcastically. Sirius lightly punches his sister's arm. 

"Sirius, Y/n," Lily says. "We want you two to be his godparents." 
"Really?" Sirius questions excitedly. 
"You would really trust us?" Y/n asks. 
"Yes, we trust you both." Lily says. "If anything happens to us I know he'll be safe with you two." 

Y/n pulls Lily in for a hug. 

The memory once again fades. Many more memories fade in and out. Harry saw that yes, his father wasn't at all nice to Snape, but that didn't mean he wasn't a good person. He was kind and caring to the people he loved. 

After coming out of the pensieve, Harry sat on the couch, tears rolling down his cheeks. He put his head in his hands and began sobbing. He couldn't believe Y/n was actually gone. 

So, I think I'll be writing two more chapters of this book and the next chapters will probably be quite short(like this one) but I will try to write as much as possible for both chapters. 
I am still very sorry about the last chapter, it hurt me to write it. You all have permission to kill me. 
Thank you all so much for reading. 
Byeee.