Cookies and a Surprise

I woke up when I feel Remus stir in his sleep.
I open my eyes and look over at him. He was frowning and looked really tense. It's probably because the full moon is coming up.
I consider waking him up but I'm not sure if I should. He's not been sleeping well recently.

He stirs again but this time he wakes up.
"You alright?" I ask quietly.
"I'm fine." He mumbles.
"You don't seem fine." I comment. "Do you need anything?"
"Yeah, could you get me a glass of water, please?"
"Of course." I say, pressing a kiss to his lips before getting out of bed.

I walk down to the kitchen and grab a glass from the cupboard then fill it up with cold water.
I head back upstairs and go into our bedroom. Remus was asleep again.
I put the glass on the bedside table before waking Remus. I get that he's tired but he should probably drink something.
He wakes up and tiredly drinks some of the water.

"Feeling any better?" I ask, moving to my side of the bed.
"A bit." He answers, lying back down and closing his eyes.
"Good," I say quietly. "Just try and get some sleep." I close my eyes and try my best to fall back asleep.

I lay still for what feels like hours, unable to go back to sleep. Why is falling asleep so difficult?
I get fed up of lying down doing nothing so I decide to be productive. Or at least, kinda productive.
I decide that I just need to do something so why not do something fun. So, I'm gonna make cookies.

I carefully get out of bed, not wanting Remus to wake up again, and head down to the kitchen. I get all the ingredients and equipment needed for baking cookies. We didn't have any chocolate chips though, which sucks, but we do have plenty bars of chocolate so I guess just cutting one or two bars into small chunks will do. I don't know, I'm just figuring this out as I go along(Me with everything).

I make the cookie dough and add in the smashed up chocolate pieces and mix them into the dough. I obviously taste a bit and it tastes really good.
I eat a bit more of the cookie dough but I realise that I should probably actually cook the dough instead of just eating it. I'm probably gonna get salmonella, but who cares?

I place small balls of the dough onto a baking tray before putting it into the oven.
I clean everything up and then realise that I have nothing else to do.
Well, that was fun for like ten minutes. Now I'm bored.
I walk aimlessly from the kitchen to the living room and back to the kitchen again.
I groan quietly to myself. I'm so bored.

Soon, thankfully, the cookies were done. They looked really good but were still too hot to eat.
I put the cookies on a plate and wait for them to cool down.
I was staring at the cookies, lost in thought, when I heard Remus coming down the stairs.
"May I ask why you're glaring at a plate of cookies?" He asks.
"I just made them, they're too hot to eat." I explain as he walks over to me and pulls me into his arms.
"And glaring at them is going to make them cool down?" He questions.
"Yep."
He chuckles lightly and releases me from his grasp.

"You are a total weirdo." He says.
"Yep, but I'm your weirdo."
He kisses me lightly on the forehead. "My weirdo."

I smile at him before turning back to the plate and grabbing one of the cookies. It was still quite hot but it couldn't be too bad right.
I was wrong. I took a bite and the cookie was still very hot.

"Fuck." I say, spitting out the cookie into the bin and placing the bit that I hadn't ate on the kitchen counter.
"Too hot?" Remus asks amusedly.
"Shut up." I mumble. "What're you doing awake anyway?"
"Couldn't sleep." He shrugs.

I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his body. He returns the hug and I melt in his arms. He presses a kiss to the top of my head.
"I love you." I mumble.
"I love you more." Remus says.
"Nope, not possible." I say, moving my head to look up at him.
"It is definitely possible because I do love you more."
"No, I love you more." I argue.