chapter 12

I heard the knock on my cabin door. I looked towards the door. It was Ramesh. He asked me, "are you busy?" I smiled, "it's ok. You have something to say." He sat the chair which was in front of mine. He spoke after thinking, "actually, I am here for your condition." I sighed and nodded for him to continue. He continued, "now, everything is clear between you and your family. So have you decided when you are going to tell them?"
I looked towards him and took a deep breath, "not yet. I am finding at right time. Everyone is excited for suhana marriage. I don't know how to tell them. But don't worry I will tell them soon."
"I hope. And what about operation?" He asked with raising his eyebrows.
"After suhana marriage"
"What?" He looked at me with shocked.
I bit my lower lip with my teeth, "I talked to doctor about my condition, operation success rate. It's lower. I don't want to take risk. At least, I want to see my one cousin marriage." I was sad. There was tears into my eyes. He stood up and came my side. He put his hand on my shoulder, "why do you think that way? You should think positive." He was also sad for me.
I blinked my eyes many times to soak the tears. When I controlled myself, I spoke, "I know but I dont want to give myself false hope. It's reality and we need to accept it."
We were silent for few minutes. I changed the topic, "sorry, because of me, you have to handle all problem yourselves."
He smiled, "don't need to be sorry. It's my honor."
I smiled, "thanks for be my side in any situation."
He nodded with smile. I heard ringtone in my mobile. I looked the screen. It was Suhana. I answered the call, "hello"
I heard her voice from other side, "where are you?"
"In office" I replied.
"We all are going to shopping. Come here quickly." She said with excitement.
"But.." she didn't let me finish my sentence, "I am not listening anything." And she cut the call. I looked at screen with anger. Ramesh asked, "what happened?"
"Now again she started to order me." I told him with anger.
He said with smile, "go and have fun."
"But I have to do lot of work."
He ensured me, "I will take care."
I laughed, "I don't know what would I do without you."
He laughed, "now go."
I smiled and took my handbag.

I reached at mall. I called to suhana, "where are you?"
"Go to jewelry department and select for us. We will be there soon."
And she cut the call. I thought she was in hurry. I put the mobile back into my jeans pocket and reached at jewelry department. When I opened the door of department, I understood why she send me in there.  There was shlok. It means they planned it. Shlok looked at me and came towards me. He stood in front of me and I was thinking what I should have done. Should I go from there? No, why would I run? I didn't do anything wrong. Should I ignore him? But it would be rude. Why am I thinking so much about him? He is not important for me. I am here for suhana. I should be normal.
I heard his voice, "hello."
"Hi" I said in low voice.
"Actually, I am sorry for that day. I behaved wrong with you. I am in guilty." He said with rubbing his neck.
"It's ok. You don't need to be appolized." I told him.
"It means you are not angry with me." He said with excitement. I looked at him. He smiled, "let's go for selecting design. Suhana told me your choices are best."
I nodded. We reached at counter. The sales lady showed us many designs. I selected some. Shlok took one necklace in his hand and asked, "what do you think about it?"
"It's beautiful." I told him with smile.
The sales lady said, "it's limited edition. You should buy it."
"But I am confused. How will it look after wearing?" He murmured.
"Why don't you try on madam?" She suggested him.
I looked at her with anger. Shlok looked at me, "can you try it for once?"
I took the necklace from his hand and try to lock it around my neck but I could do it myself. I felt his hands on my hands. I left the necklace and let him do it. He was locking it and I was feeling his fingers in my bare skin. I was feeling goosebumps. I knew he was not doing it purposely but I was feeling uncomfortable around him.
When he did, he came in front of me and looked the necklace.
He complimented, "it's looking really beautiful."
I looked myself into mirror. It was really beautiful.
She also complimented. Then I recalled that it was his. I tried to unlocked it but shlok again helped me.
We were looking another design that suhana and others came. They also looked. And we purchased some. After buying the jewelry, I whispered into suhana's ear, "I have some work to finish. I am going."
She looked at me, "why? You joined us now. Is something happened?"
I lied, "Ramesh called me. There is any emergency."
She asked with anger, "he can't handle himself."
"Sorry" I shrugged my shoulders and took out my credit card, "take it. Hope you will understand."
"Ok, you have to give us treat." She asked with excitement.
"Of course, you are welcome anytime." I smiled. And I turned towards exit. I heard Shlok's voice from my behind. I stopped and turned back. He was following me. He stopped in front of me and asked, "where are you going?"
"I have to go. Ramesh called me." I lied with confident.
"Actually, I have to ask something." He  said with hesitation. I nodded for him to continue. "When am I going to meet her?" For one second, I was confused. For another second, I understood to whom he was referring. I gave him fake smile, "soon. I told her. When she has time, she will call."
He smiled, "thanks, can I have her number?"
I said nicely, "she refused me to give her number anybody. When you will meet her, why don't you ask yourself?"
"Hmmm..... It means I have to call you instead of her." I nodded.
He continued, "ok, bye"
"Bye" and I took step towards outside. I took deep breath to control myself.
At night, i received the call from him. I answered, "hello"
He asked from other side, "are you busy?"
"I am going to sleep. Do you have any work?"
"Actually, I am curious. Has she decided the date to meet?" He asked.
"I don't know. She didn't tell me anything. If she called me, I told you." I lied with making my voice.
"I can't sleep. Can you talk to me a bit?"
"No, I am sleepy and I have to go to work tomorrow."
"But I can't sleep. You should give me company." He said with puppy voice.
I said with irritation, "it's not my problem, it's your. Why should I give you company?"
"Because you are not giving me her number. I have nobody to call at late night." He gave me reason.
"But I am tired. I am going to sleep. Bye talk to you later." I cut the call without hearing his answer. He called me again. He talked me nonsense chat. I didn't know when I sleep with listening him.
He started to call me and send me messages. It was unbearable torture. Why the hell he was disturbing me in the whole world?
I called Ramesh into my cabin. When he came, he asked, "Rashmi?"
"Did you final anybody? Actually, he was disturbing me and I can't control anymore." I told him.
He smiled, "but you didn't give approval."
"Final anyone now I don't care. I want to get rid of him now."
He nodded and left.
I messaged shlok the date and time. Now, I was relieved. I got his call immediately, "are you sure?" He asked with excitement.
"Yeah, she told me. And message you. Please don't disturb me now." I told him nicely.
"Sorry, I have to disturb you."
"It's ok. Reach at time because she doesn't like to irresponsible people."
"Ok, I got it, bye."
"Bye"
At evening, Ramesh entered into my cabin with a girl. I knew her. She is Deepa. Ramesh said me, "I don't need to introduce both of you. You already knew each other." Both of us nodded.
He looked at me, "so, how is my choice?"
"It's ok." I appreciated him. I looked at her, "Deepa, do you understand what you do?"
She nodded. And I continued, "it's good. And remember it, don't need to touch him, even no handshaking. And he will try to touch you, you will not let him. Don't speak to much. Even don't need to give him smile. Don't need to be frankly with him. Finish the meeting as soon as possible. Remember it carefully." I added in the end, "do you have any doubt?"
She nodded. "Ask me."
She asked with confusion, "isn't it date?"
I almost glared, "who told you that you are going to date with him? You are going to in place of me, understood?"
She nodded. I told her, "now you go."
After her leaving, Ramesh looked at me, "are you jealous of her?" He smirked.
"Why would I be jealous? I want it end soon and I don't want to give him any false hope." I told him.
********
The following day, shlok was going to meet her. Everything was setup. That's why I was relieved and doing my paper work which was pending because of my health.
I heard the voice from outside my cabin. Suhana and Rohan entered into my cabin. Suhana looked at me unbelievable and asked, "what are doing here? Don't you have to go on date with him?"
I gave her fake smile, "who said I am going?" I greeted Rohan, "hello Rohan, please sit here." He greeted back and we sat on the couch which was in my cabin.
Rohan looked his surroundings and complimented, "your cabin is amazing." I thanked him. But suhana glared him that's why he didn't say anything.
"But he told us that he is going with her." As she spoke, she looked at me with every word. And I looked at her with amusement. "Yeah"
"It means you send him on fake date with fake girl." Suhana told with anger.
I smiled, "who said it's fake date? He wants to meet her and I arranged everything  for him. Do you think I will go? He wants to meet her, not me." I controlled my feeling.
"What will happen when will he find out truth?" She gave me challenge.
"I already think about it." I told her with low volume.
"God damnit, he is serious for you." She told me.
"He likes a name, not a person. So don't worry he will not hurt." I tried to assure her.
She was not happy with me. She commented, "first Tushar and now shlok. I don't know I have a heartless cousin."
I looked at her with sorrow. Rohan scolded her. It is hurt but I controlled and tried to fake smile, "I know you are angry with me now. But one day you will understand. Let's go. I will give you best treat today. You will never forget."
She followed me with absent mind. And I wanted to change the topic. I wish she would understand my situation.
We came into vip section. We served her her favorite dishes. After eating her mood got lighten. She warned me with making voice, "don't think. I let you go easily. I am upset from you till now."
Rohan and I smiled. "Of course, I know my cousin better." I commented.
Rohan and I talked about business. After a while, suhana joined us. We were talking and laughing. I felt someone was behind me. Suhana looked with amusement behind me because she was in front of me.
I turned back and got up, "what are doing here? You should..."
He put his finger on my lips, "shh... Talk me first otherwise I couldn't tell you." I didn't say anything. He continued, "I think I will be happy after meeting her. But when I realized I couldn't talk to you after meeting her. I got upset. I think I like her but it was only fling. But I like you so much. I couldn't take you out from my mind. Please be my girlfriend."
Was I dreaming or was it really happening? I blinked my eyes many times. I wished I got up from my dream so soon. He hugged me and I felt his breath on my neck. If it is dream, I want to live in that dream. I heard someone clapping. I came out into my senses. I was really in his arms. I pushed him away and he looked me at question look. Suhana commented, "how much romantic" he was blushing.
I turned back and glared her. And Rohan smiled, "I know my cousin will take right decision. I have proud of you bro."
I turned back and asked shlok, "are you out of mind? You should be there this time. She is waiting for you."
He looked at me with irritation, "what? I confessed to you now and you are thinking about her. I am waiting for your answer." He gave me puppy look. I knew how I controlled my feeling.
"I have no time for playing child games. I don't want to waste my time for dating. It's useless. I have arranged everything for you but you ruined it." I scolded him.
"Rashmi, why are you scolding him? I already told you." Suhana tried to make me understand.
I glared her, "I don't have time for all of you. I am going." I tried to leave but shlok stopped me by holding my hand. I warned him with anger, "leave my hand and you stay away from me." He left my hand and I came into my cabin. I searched my medicine and took it. I heard to sound of opening my cabin door. I was not in mood to talk anyone. I heard Ramesh concerning voice, "let's go to hospital."
I shook my head with no, "I took my medicine. I am feeling fine now."
He nodded and said, "I heard what happened outside? They wanted to talk you but I told them to talk you later."
I nodded and thanked him.