Chapter 13

At evening, I didn't want to go home. I knew everyone would want to talk about today incident. It is hard for me to discuss everything to them. I was planning to tell them about my health condition but I knew it was not right time.
I came into sense when I heard someone voice, "are you not going home? It's too late." It was mina.
"I have some work to finish. Did everyone else go?" I asked her.
"Yeah, I and you are here. I am waiting to you finish." She told me.
"Ok, you can go. I will close it before leaving." I told her with smile.
She was looking hesitate to say anything. That's why I asked, "what happened? Do you wanna say something?"
"Yeah, but I don't know how to say."
I smiled, "don't hesitate. I am hearing."
"Actually, shlok sir is nice person. When you denied to Tushar, we all wished that both of you should be together. But now, it's not possible. It's my suggestion you also think about you and your happiness. Till when you would care for us or others? We also want to see you to be happy. We saw you only suffering. Now it's your turn to be happy." In the end, she added, "I think I say a lot."
"No, you are right. I will consider it." I told her with fake smile.
"Bye" She said with moving her hand into air.
"Bye"
After leaving her, I asked myself, 'is she right? But she doesn't know anything. I also want to be happy but is it possible?' I had headache from thinking.

I reached at home. I changed my clothes and worn nightwear. It was dinner time. That's why all of us were in dining room. Buaji and her family came like I expected. We served ourselves and started to eat. Bua ji asked, "Rashmi, is it true what we hear?"
I looked at suhana who was next to me. She shook her head with no as she didn't know what bua ji was asking. That's why I pretended that I also didn't know. I took bite from my plate and asked innocently, "what did you hear?"
"That you are giving your restaurant to Ramesh." I took a relaxing breath. Thank God, she didn't know about today incident. But how had she known about it?
"Yeah" I nodded with lightly.
"Why?" My mom asked with unbelievable.
"Because I want to take rest now. It feels burden to take restaurant responsibility. And by the way, everything is clear among us that's why I want to spend time with all of you." I told them with shrugging my shoulders.
"Are you out of your mind? You did a lot of hard work for that restaurant. And now you are giving it to outsider." My grandpa said with anger.
"I can understand your anger. But Ramesh also gave his time and effort for it. He is with me in any situation. And only he can handle it." I gave him reason.
"But you have your cousins and your brother. Anybody can handle it." Bua ji gave me suggestion.
"It's fine. If anybody wants it, he has to prove himself to able to handle it. I have no objection. I am handing over it to Ramesh after one month. It's means you have only one month to prove it." I told them my final decision.
After finishing dinner, I came into my room. I didn't know who gave her this information it was confidential. I heard knock on my door. I said with irritation, "I don't want to talk anyone right now."
But my cousins came inside and closed the door.
I repeated again, "I told you...." But deep bhaiya didn't let me finish, "we are sorry what happened at dinner time. You already know how much mom is noisy. Don't need to take her seriously." They all sat on my bed with me.
"It's not like that. I am not feeling well and I was not ready for it. I sincerely have no objection if any of you wants to handle the restaurant. I prefer my family than him. You all know how much it precious for me." I told them.
Suhana assured me, "we all don't want it. It's elders who were thinking about it." I looked at my cousins one by one. They all nodded.
I smiled, "thanks all of you. But don't worry in future, if anyone wants it, I will ensure that he could take it." They all smiled.
Suhana commented, "by the way, we are not here for your business life. We are here for your...." She looked at me with mischievous smile.
I pretended that I didn't know what she is saying.
Deep bhaiya asked, "is it true that he confessed to her?"
Everyone cooed. I made my face, "I am tired. If you have time for gossip, then get out from my room."
"It's not gossip dear. It's your life." It was tanvi. I glared her. "Ramesh didn't let me talk to you in restaurant. But here nobody can stop us." It was Suhana. Everyone was commenting and laughing. I knew they were torturing me. I don't know shlok was serious or not. I think I warned him. He would stop or reconsider about his decision.
************
Shlok didn't try to meet me or connect me after that day. I thought he understood. I was relaxed that I could focus on my business. It was not easy to handover everything to Ramesh. I knew only he can handle everything after me.  Although Ramesh was not happy with my decision. But I wanted to handover everything to him before revealing my health condition to everyone. After revealing my health condition to investors, it's hard to control everything.
Ramesh and I was in my cabin to finalize everything. Ramesh asked with irritation, "is it necessary to handover everything to me? You can give to your family and Tushar."
I smiled myself, "My family have no interest in it. Everything is already settled. They dont need it. In future, if they want it, I have trust on you. You will take right decision. And by the way, it's you who was with me during struggling time. You deserve it. And about Tushar, you know if I talk to him, I will have to explain him. And I can't tell him anything."
"It means you are not telling him. He has right to know." Ramesh asked me with raising eyebrows.
I sighed, "I know but I don't know how to explain him. I leave it in destiny. When it will right time, he will get to know. If I tell him, he would understand everything. It's hard for him to handle the truth. And I can't see him in pain because of me." I told him truth.
He didn't say anything but nodded.
********
I was busy in my cabin when I received the call from my mom.
I attended the call, "hello mom."
"Come at home immediately. I already WhatsApp you the list of snacks. Suhana in laws are coming to discuss something important." My mom told me.
"Ok". I cut the call and send the list to chef for preparing. I told him when it would prepared, confirm me.
Within one hour, I reached at my home with taking parcel. Suhana in laws were already at home. I greeted them and went to kitchen. My cousins and I served the dishes in plates and took out at hall. We served them and looked my surroundings. I looked them one by one what they were talking and laughing. I joined my cousins. They were with rohan, Maya bhabhi, Rihan bhaiya, sanaya and shlok. I was feeling uncomfortable because of him. He was looking happy. I don't know why. I was keeping quiet.
Suman aunty said with smile, "it's good she is working at restaurant and she is experience in that field. Shlok has his own hotels. She can help him in his business. We heard that she and shlok arranged an amazing date for suhana and Rohan. They did good work together."
I looked at her with suspicious. Why was I smelling something wrong? I whispered at suhana ears, "what is she talking?"She didn't say anything and pointed me to keep quiet. Shlok's mother suggested, "we should ask at least to Rashmi."
Bua ji said, "there is no need to ask her. It's our honor that you think it. Why would she have any objection?"
They looked at me. It's hard for me to control myself. I knew they were talking about me but I don't know what.
I asked with irritation, "what need to ask me?"
Grandpa told, "they are here for your and shlok marriage." I looked at one by one for sure. They all were serious.
I looked at shlok. He gave me smile. I looked a side and closed my eyes for few seconds. I opened my eyes and sighed, "I don't want to marry him."
My dad scolded me, "are you out of your mind?"
Bua ji said with smile, "you are kidding right."
I took a deep breath and said, "am I looking like I am kidding? It's my life and I have right to take decision."
Shlok stood in front of me, "you said that you have no time for wasting to date. That's why I think you want to marry. But at least, you reconsider about marriage proposal. I am not on hurry. You can take time as much as you want to think."
"I am sorry that I couldn't clear you. But I am not interested into you. You are nice person. There are lot of girls who is right for you, but not me. And I don't need to reconsider it." I told him with rude tone. I turned his family, "I am sorry for giving you trouble. I think there is misunderstanding but now it's clear."
My mom scolded me, "Rashmi it's enough. Now stop it."
"I am going to my room. I don't need to say anything now." I took steps towards my room. Even I didn't turn back and looked everyone. I was angry with myself. I thought everything is clear between shlok and me. I never thought he would misunderstood me. I was feeling embrasment. I locked my door. There were tears into my eyes. I never expected that it would be happen. I don't know how to explain it now my family. I called to Ramesh and told him to come my home.
After an hour, I came out from my room. I knew shlok and his family went. There were only my family at hall. They glared at me with anger. I knew nobody was not my side. Even I was feeling guilty to myself. I should take him seriously and handle him before. But there was no use.
Grandma said, "why are you come here now? Do you want to explain anything?"
"What need to explain? If she has any problem, she could talk later. It was feeling embrasment in front of them." It was bua ji.

Tai ji said, "we all got arranged marriage. And we are happy. They came to themselves because he likes you. He is good guy and belongs to good family. What do you need more?" I was listening them. I knew if I say anything, it will be worse. I was waiting to Ramesh. He entered into hall with file. He looked surroundings and asked, "what happened? Are you alright?"
My family also glared at him with anger. Grandpa asked, "what is he doing here?"
I turned to Ramesh and took the file from him, "thank you. Now you go and I will talk to you later." He nodded, looked everyone lady time and left.
After leaving him, I took deep breath and opened my mouth, "I am really sorry for what happened today. I knew you all are right that I shouldn't do it. But please listen to me after that what you take decision. I won't say anything."
I looked everyone. They were silent. I went to near grandpa and gave him file, "please look it once. You will understand everything." He looked at me and then file. He took the file and opened it. As he was flipping the pages one by one, his hands were shaking.
Everyone else were looking him and bua ji asked, "papa what is it?"
There were tears into his eyes and he looked at me and murmured, "is it true? Why didn't you tell us before?"
The tears came out from my eyes, "I wanted to tell you but I have no courage to tell."
My dad took the file from Grandpa hands and looked the file, "how can it be possible?" He asked after looking the file. "it's not true."
My dad hugged me. Everyone looked the file and I knew it was hard them to believe it.

I was in terrace because I felt suffocation inside the home. Everyone was in shock. I didn't want to tell them but I had no choice. I didn't know it was right time to tell them or not. But it was sure if I did not tell them now, I couldn't tell them. I laid down and looking at sky and stars. There were a lot of good memories in childhood but it was hard to recalled it now. I felt someone laid next to me.
She asked in sobbing voice, "what did doctor say?"
I took a deep breath, "it's critical condition. My surviving rate is minimum after operation."
"Hmmm, when is your operation?" She asked?
"After your marriage." There was silent. That's why I continued, "I don't know if I will survive after operation or not. I want to look my one cousin marriage." I heard she was sobbing.
"Did he know about it?" She changed the topic. I know who she was referring.
"No, only Ramesh, Sid and few peoples know about it." I told her.
"When did you find out?" She asked.
"Two years ago, when I went to meet him. After meeting him, I was coming to you for taking your permission. Because I know he is stubborn." I smirked. I know she was smiling. "But when I found out about my heart, I decided to stop searching him. If I continue, he would never give up. And I don't want to see him in pain because of me."
"It means I was right. You gave up because of serious reason." She said with proudly. I smiled.
"What about now shlok?" She asked with concern.
"I hope he took his lesson from today's incident. I wish he also give up like Tushar." I whispered.
"Do you also like him?" She asked with looking at me.
"I am not heartless." I said with smirking.
"I am sorry. It is also my fault to encourage him." She was guilty.
"It's ok. You didn't know anything."