Chapter 19

I woke up and looked my surroundings. It was not my hotel room, it was his room. What am I doing here? Then I remembered that I slept on the couch. I got up from the bed and came out from the room. Shlok was watching tv and eating chips.
"Good morning"
He looked at me with smile, "good morning"
I sat on the couch and put my head back on the couch and closed my eyes.
I heard his voice, "if you are sleepy, go to bed."
I told him without opening my eyes, "Its 9 am and I should not sleep till yet. By the way, why didn't you wake me up yesterday?"  
"I don't want to disturb you." He said in one tone.
"That's why you took me here in your room." I asked.
"Don't worry I slept in another room." As he said, I opened my eyes and told him, "I didn't mean it....... Forget it. Why didn't wake me up early morning? and where is my mobile? At least, it has alarm." I asked with frustration.
He pointed my mobile which was on  front table, "You were tired yesterday. You need some rest that's why I put it here."
I sighed. Ofcourse, Suhana told him. I asked, "did suhana call yesterday?"
He looked at me with shocked, "how do you know?"
I smiled, "I guess.

I streched my body and took my mobile. I noticed he was glaring me.
I looked him with raising eyebrows, "what?"
When he didn't give any response, I shook my hand in front of him, "shlok"
He looked at me with opened his mouth, "hmmm"
First time, I felt conscious of my appearance, "what are you looking at?" I looked at my clothes. It was fine.
"Nothing" he said and turned his head towards tv.

I asked at checking my mobile, "By the way, when will they come?"
He shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know."
I nodded, stood up and took steps towards door. He asked me, "Where are you going?"
I told him with smile, "I can't stay here whole day in this clothes. I need to take bath."
"You can take bath in my bathroom. I will arrange your clothes and stuffs here." He told me.
I smiled, "thank you. But I don't want give you trouble more. I am leaving now."
He nodded and said, "Meet in one hour at canteen for breakfast."
I nodded. I came into my room and  did my daily routine, take bath and worn top and jeans. Sid already send my breakfast that's why I took a little and took my medicine.
I heard my mobile rang. I looked at screen. It was suhana. I received the call, "hello what's up?"
She asked with excitement, "how are you? How was your night?"
I told her in bored tone, "as usual. But why are you asking it?"
She said with teasing tone, "come on Rashmi. I knew you spend night with him."
I rolled my eyes but smiled, "I spend night in his room and he slept another room."
"What? Are you sure?" She asked with confusion.
"I am damn sure. Do you need proof?"
I asked her with rolling my eyes.
"No... But my guess was right." She told me what she talked him last night. And added in the end, "He is really gentle man."
I said her with anger, "Suhana, are you out of your mind? Are you really my sister? What happens if he took your suggestion seriously?"
I knew she was rolling her eyes, "come on Rashmi, I know you like him but you won't accept it. But think about it I told him after that he didn't take advantage of you. How much he is serious for you! At least, he deserves a chance."
I sighed, "I know many guys who will never take advantage of me."
"But they don't love you as he does."
"Tushar and Sahil also won't do it. I can say for sure."
"Because they knew you. And they don't want to be death..... Wait a minute.... Did you say Sahil?"
I hit slowly myself why did My tongue slip. But now I couldn't do it. I heard her voice, "from when do you know? How do you know?"
I took a deep breath, "from college time. Do you think I am stupid? I know him very well. He only flirts with me then says it was only joke. We all know he never flirts with another girls. Have you ever seen him? First, he thought, I liked Tushar that's why he didn't tell me. Then he didn't want to hurt me or lose me. I hide it because I never want to hurt him and loose him as a friend." I told her.
I heard her breathing voice. She laughed dramatic, "and we thought that you are stupid. Fine...... You are right. Any gentle guy never takes advantage but tell me. Why do you like shlok when there are other guys who loves you?"
I sighed, "I don't know. I think it's my heart."
Suhana said with irritation, "Rashmi, I want to tell you it. Please listen your heart. Don't think about future. We don't know what will happen in future but we can't leave to live. Don't think  only about yourself but think about him."
"That's why I am doing it. There is no future. What if I will not come back from hospital? He would be grief. I can't be selfish."
"Why are you thinking that way? What if you come back and he already give up like others. What will you do? You would be regretted."
"I know I will.  But atleast, he would be happy."
"He will not be happy. He wants to spend time with you, stay with you. He would regret that he would give up. He will be more sad. I see tushar sadness with my eyes. He is happy with his wife but he would be more happy with you. Please don't repeat your mistake again. Accept the fate. Spend time with him, stay with him and keep happy. Please try to understand."
"Ok, I will think about it. But when are all of coming? After that, I have to go back to my office." I told her.
"There is no use to say you anything. I am talking about your life, love and you are thinking about work. We are not coming. We already saw the presentation it's amazing. We will see the live party that's why both of you do work yourself." She told me in one tone.
"Then see you at home" I told her and hang up the call.
I looked at wall clock. It was 10:10 am. I didn't know if he would be waiting for me or not. Let's see.
I went to canteen. He was seated on table with Sid. I asked them, "hey guys what's going on?"
Sid asked me, "we were waiting you. Where were you? Are you alright?"
I nodded, "yeah, I was talking to suhana." I took bite from my plate. Then Sid glanced at me. I pointed my eyes towards shlok. Sid nodded.
I looked at shlok with smile, "actually, they are not coming."
Shlok didn't seem surprised. He nodded, "Yeah, Rihan called me. He told me they saw presentation. They already liked it. There is no use to come here."
I nodded. I looked at Sid, "Arrange the taxi. I am going back."
I heard shlok voice, "why?"
I looked at him, "There is no use to stay here when they are not coming. I have to go back to work."
"But what about party?"
"We have four days. We can arrange everything in two days. There is no use to stay here." I told him.
Shlok looked at Sid and Sid spoke, "Ramesh told me everything is fine. He is handling everything that's why you can stay here. And you want that he should everything himself. It is the good chance to leave on him."
I was not satisfied that's why I opened my mouth, "but...."
Sid said again, "Sahil is coming back today. And when he will get to know that I give order to his manager for arranging duplicate key? He will kill me. Do you want me to die in younger age? What will happen to my wife after me? Only you can handle him."
Shlok said, "you can continue your work from here."
He was right. And Sid had the point.
I agreed, "fine..... I will talk to Ramesh for spending me mail."
Shlok said with excitement, "I will arrange a desk for you in my cabin."
I looked at him with are you kidding me, "Shlok, there is no need. I can do work from my room."
"But it won't be comfortable. Please..."
As he requested. I agreed.
I was not comfortable with sharing cabin with him. But he said his cabin is so huge that my desk can fit so easily.
Within one hour, he arranged it. My desk was opposite to his.

He was doing his work on his desk. While Sid went to his back and I was discussing matter with Ramesh on phone. I didn't do work for three days.  That's why there is a lot of pending work. I said Ramesh on call, "that's why I am saying to you please accept my offer."
He replied, "I am thinking but I can't take it. When you will come back, we will discuss about it. Sometimes, I think you are right. But my heart is denying it. What do I do?"
"What is kiran saying?" I asked.
"Actually, she is also confused. It's a big responsibility and I am ready to take it." He said.
"I am not giving you responsibility. It's only title for others' sake. Till I am alive, it's my responsibilities." I told him.
"You are saying it again. I told you many times...."
I smiled, "why? Do you want me to be alive after 100 years old?"
He laughed, "why not?"
"Hey..... I don't want it. I will not looking good after getting old."
He said, "I am damn sure.... You would."
"Okay... Bye.... If you have any problems, just discuss with me." I told him and cut the call.
I arranged the data and send to mail Ramesh. I checked my mail which worked related. There were a lot and I had to reply each.
I heard shlok voice, "Rashmi..."
I hummed with looking at my laptop screen.
I heard his voice, "it's lunch time. Let's go. Do it later."
"Just two minutes... Let me finish it."
"Okay... I am waiting." After getting his response, I was doing finish it.
I heard my mobile ringtone. I looked at it with frustration. But when I saw the number. It's Sid. I received the call and heard his scared voice , "please leave me... actually, let me explain you."
I heard Sahil voice, "what do you explain me... Your bastard? How dare you to give order my manager?"
I cut the call and rushed towards door. Shlok asked with wondering, "what happened? Where are you going?"
"It's sahil." I told him and he followed me. When I reached the Sid cabin. Sahil held his collars and was ready to punch him.
I shouted his name, "Sahil" and went to between them. Thank god, he hold his punch. That's why I let Sid free from his grip and said, "it's not his fault. It's mine."
He looked at me with shocked and asked, "when did you come here?"
"I was here from last three days." I told him.
He looked Sid with anger, "and why didn't you tell me?"
Sid opened his mouth, "I was going to tell you but you started to do action."
Sahil shouted, "bastard.... I am talking about that she is coming." He again took step towards Sid but Sid hid behind me.
I told him, "because I denied him."
Sahil looked at me with raising his eyebrows, "Why?"
I looked at his behind where shlok was standing. Sahil noticed it and turned back.
I told him, "let's sit and talk."
He asked, "why do you need that key?"
"Because I am hosting shlok's parents marriage anniversary and I need a good place. Then it's clicked my mind about yours." I told him with excitement.
He made his face with disgusting, "do you think I will give you it for that purpose?"
I looked at Sid but he shrugged his shoulders. I sighed, "let's sit and talk." He nodded. I told sid and shlok, "can both of you go outside? I need to talk him in alone."
Sid nodded but shlok was not ready for leave the cabin. Sid pushed him outside.
Sid closed the door. We seated. Sahil asked with disappointment, "why did you deny him to tell me that you are coming?"
I told him, "Sahil, I am sorry. It's my daily routine check up. I come here usually. You were busy into your work. How can I disturb you? And I wanted to spend some time alone. Since last few days, it is seriously hectic for me. Try to understand. I don't want to hurt you."
He opened his mouth, "I knew everything what is happening with you? But why are you with him after what he did? And why are you hosting his parents party?" He raised his eyebrows. Before I said something, he said, "and please don't tell me any lie. I already knew you."
"I am not going to tell you lie. The truth is I want it." I told him assurment.
He chuckled dramatic, "are you saying that you like him?" When I nodded, he asked with greeted teeth, "why him?"
I sighed, "I don't know. It's hard to explain but it is happening with me first time. When I am with him, I am happy. I forget my all worries. I know I am not in condition to love someone. But in his case, I can't do anything. I don't know why is it happening in current situation but it's happening."
He chuckled, "You are really unbelievable. But remember it, if he will ever hurt you, I will kill him without second thought." I nodded.
He asked, "how did you recall my guesthouse?"
I smiled wildly, "We hosted a lot of party there in college time. It has a lot of good memories there. I want to host a grand party there always. I don't know if it will my last party to hosting. That's why I want it."
He took his hand on my hand, "why are you saying it? I am damn sure you will host a lot of party in future."
I smiled with nodded, "and I didn't know that you are not in city. Sorry, for giving to order your manager."
He smiled, "You can give him order."
"I will give you duplicate key. I know what that guesthouse is valuable for you." I told him.
"Don't need to give me. I already have the original. But I have a condition."
"What?" I asked with raising my eyebrows.
"You will do first dance with me." He asked with hesitation.
"Deal" I told him with wild smile.
"But what about your boyfriend?" He asked with teasing voice.
"Hey... He is not my boyfriend." I scolded him.
"Fine... Then lover..."
I looked at him with anger, "do you want die?"
He nodded and we laughed.