Chapter One

Summer 1995

"As I stand here contemplating,On the right thing to decide

On the right thing to decide.
Will I take the wrong direction,
All my life, where will I go,
What lies ahead of me?"

"Damita get out the bathroom & come downstairs!" My sister Ajai yelled stopping me from singing.

"Coming Big Head!" I turned off the radio & walked out the bathroom going downstairs. I saw Ajai & her best friend Keyshia Sitting on the couch playing uno.

"Wassup?" I asked, they looked back at me & I smiled when I saw Keyshia's beautiful face.

I smiled & looked down.

"Damita Keys & I are going to this party tonight & my ma said I had to take you cause her & pops is going to this Couple thing or something" I pouted I hated hanging out with Ajai & her friends except for Keyshia.

"Why can't I stay home I'll see if shantel will come over" I whined.

"Naw but you can invite her fine ass to the party Tonight." I shook my head going back upstairs.

I walked in my room closing the door jumping on my bed grabbing my phone off the floor.

I picked the receiver up dialing Shantel's number. I rung twice before her mom picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Mrs. Jordan is Shantel there?" I asked sweetly.

"Yes hey Damita how are you?"

"I'm good how are you?"

"Good hold on here is shantel" I heard her say then handed the phone over.

"Hey Boo" Shantel's loud ass voice said.

"Hey Girl what you doing?" I asked playing with my curls.

"Girl Nothing wassup?"

"Ajai crazy ass wants us to go to this party with her & Keyshia I don't wanna go" I whined again.

"Why I bet it's going to be lit I want to go especially if Ajai fine ass invited me." She giggled.

"Ewww Girl please fine I'll guess I'll go" I rolled my eyes.

"Ok pick me up on the way"

"Ok coo bye" I hung up going to my closet to find something to wear.

**********
I was fixing up my hair, I guess I could go & have some fun, but I really wanted to have fun with Keyshia she was so sexy to me I needed her.