Chapter 2

6 weeks ago

A few hours later my girls arrived and shortly after that the drinks were flowing. We are out by the pool soaking up some sun, and the latest gossip on one another. Natasha gets up to get another beer and more sunscreen. She looks striking next to Torie and me. Torie and I are your typical blond, tanned, California style girls. Natasha is the complete opposite. Her skin is a perfect creamy porcelain. Her hair is long and jet-black with blunt bangs that frame her face, and her eyes are an evocative gray. The girl is stunning. She is tall and slender with a photogenic quality that makes most women hate her.

Torie is a different kind of beauty altogether. She's that wild child every man thinks he's going to tame but no one can manage to handle. She is around 5'6 and has a bleach blonde bob with a touch of dark roots peeking through that she wears in a messy bed head style. Her makeup is always dark, usually with a smokey eye and a brick red lipstick. If she can pair heels with her outfit you can bet your ass she'll do it every time.

Being only 5'2 I guess I'm what you call petite. I got that from my mother. My hair is a dark dirty blond that falls a little past my shoulders. I try to keep a medium tone tan year round, pasty white isn't a good look for me. My eyes are hazel and I think overall I'm pretty cute for a short chick.

I'm telling them how I ended my last relationship before I moved. "....so I told his ass I was done. I told her I was done with her skank-ass too. Of course I punched her one more time on the way out, simply on principle." I'm laughing so hard my face is red. "Oh my God!" Natasha exclaims through her laughter. "I might piss myself." Torie laughs just as hard as tears run down her face. She met my ex so maybe that gave her a better visual. "I absolutely love that... you... junk punched him," she barely spits out before she's taken over by a fresh round of laughter.

We've been out by the pool drinking for a few hours now. While I'm sure the story is funny, I'm also aware we are slightly past tipsy. "Holy Shit!" I hear Torie's voice and turn to see her lying on her stomach in the lounge. Her face is buried in a towel and her body is rocking. I realize she is silently laughing. When she regains her composure she motions to her back. I understood and reached over to tie the back of her bikini. "I forgot I was wearing this one and I got up topless." She says through tears of laughter.

She is wearing a tiny yellow string bikini. She always unties the straps when tanning her back. Tash and I giggle at the thought of the guys catching her topless. Natasha is wearing a white one piece that's cut to look like a two piece that wraps around her abdomen. I'm actually the more conservative of the three of us today. While I am in a bikini too it is not very flashy. The top is simple, a strapless piece that has a twist in the front right over my cleavage and one large slip hook in the back. The bottoms are your typical string bikini. It's practically a granny suit compared to my girls. It was the first one I pulled out while digging through my clothes.

Suddenly I see movement out of the corner of my eye inside the house. Recognizing the form, I groan internally. Of course the first one home would have to be Ethan. "Stay here guys, I'll be right back." Getting up I wrap a towel around my waist and slip my feet in my shoes. Lighting a cigarette I head inside the house. Maybe I can do a little preemptive damage control.

"Hey man, your home!" I say with maybe a touch too much enthusiasm. "Hey..... that's your guilty tone. What'd you do?" He faces me and leans his back against the kitchen counter folding his arms. "Nothing.... damn can't a girl just say hi?" He eyes me suspiciously. "Uh Huh, what you got going on out back?" he asks in a teasing tone. My eyes follow him as he walks around me toward the back door. "Wait, wait, wait,.... Torie is here." Stammering, I dropped my eyes as I rushed in front of him and placed my hands against his chest to stop him. "Awe damn Kit, seriously?" His tone is a cross between annoyance and pouting. "She's my friend Ethan and I've missed her. Just.... be cool man, a'ight?" He stares at me for a minute as he weighs his options. He returns to the kitchen and grabs a beer before making his way up the stairs. "Come on Ethan..." I call out behind him. "Maybe later Kit. I'm too sober for this shit right now, okay." As he disappears up the stairs I sigh and turn to go back outside.