Chapter 24

We pull up to the packed club and it's not even 5 o'clock yet. "Damn, tonight's gonna be painful." David says with a slight hint of amusement in his voice. "How do you figure that?" I ask. It's not like he has to shove his way through all those people and balance open drinks in the process. "Well not for me, but I'm sure I'll get to kick somebody's ass before it's all said and done." He winks at me as he climbs out of the car. With a wave he jogs around the building toward the front entrance. I follow Ethan and Xavi through the backdoor and up the rear hallway.

" 'Sup Timothy." I called out as we stepped up behind the bar. The red headed Irishman turns to me with an expression of delight. "Hey baby, long time no see, want a shot on the house? Looks like you may need one or two tonight." He pops a tequila shot on a serving tray before he slides it my way. I pick it up and raise it to him with a wink then slam it back. "Ahh, that's the good shit too." I say as the warmth coats my throat. "Only the best for my girls." Timothy replies before turning to a customer.

"I'm gonna throw my bag in a locker and check on the girls in the back." I tell Xavi as I motion to the walkway over my shoulder. He shoots me a go-ahead nod and I turn to make my way into the dressing room. There aren't but a few girls in the back but I still offer to get them a drink. "How we doin' ladies? Would anyone like a drink before I get stuck out on the floor for the rest of the night?" I asked two girls, Minx and Ginger. Minx is a part-time dancer, tall and leggy with wavy blonde hair. I thought at first she would be a bitch but she's actually a decent chick. "Oh hey girl! I'm good, I'm meeting a regular in like 20 minutes. But thanks." She smiles at me in the mirror. "I wouldn't turn down a vodka and lemonade. Tim knows how I like 'em." I nod at the petite redhead. That would be Ginger, she is probably the sweetest person ever created. "You got it, babe," I replied with a smile. "If you wouldn't mind, I'd love a rum and coke." a voice says behind me. How did I miss her? Iniquity is over in the corner getting dressed. "Oh...yeah...sure...no problem." I clear my throat knowing I sound like a fucking moron right now. "I'll be right back ladies." I say as I slip out the door.

I get to the bar and set my tray on the counter. I suddenly feel warm and I lift my hair to fan my neck. "Hey Timothy, I need a vodka lemonade for Ginger and a rum and coke for Iniquity." I speak loudly over the music. "I'm on it, love." I keep fanning myself as I wait. It is legit packed tonight. Working the floor is gonna be a bitch for both the servers and the dancers. I glance behind the bar and watch the guys work. The way the three of them anticipate each other's moves and don't bump or trip one another amazes me. Ethan, Xavi, and Timothy work in unison as if they are one unit, each an appendage, perfectly in sync. "Here you go, love." Timothy says, sliding the drinks onto my tray. "Thanks, I'll be back." I blew him an air kiss and turned for the employee hallway. Walking back toward the dressing room I ran into Ginger. "Oh girl you are a lifesaver!" she declares. She grabs her drink from the tray before hurrying out onto the main floor. I guess that only leaves one girl.

I take a huge breath as the butterflies flutter in my stomach. As I push open the dressing room door I can hear my heart pounding in my chest. Holy shit this woman is hot! Get it together Kit. Jesus. I walk over and give the woman her drink. "Here you go babe, do you need anything else?" Thank God, at least I sound chill. "No thanks, I'm good. What's your name by the way? I've seen you around." I force my eyes away from her mouth. "Katya. But everyone just calls me KitKat." I say as I begin to feel a little less flustered. "Katya? That's exotic....nice! Don't your brothers or cousins work here or something?" she asks, her brows scrunched together slightly. "My brother and my two roommates." I say with a little more confidence in my tone. "Oh....well thanks for the drink. I gotta get out there and make some money so...." her words trail off. She smiles at me as she walks around me and goes out the door. Oh my God what the hell is wrong with me? I take a minute to myself before heading back to the bar.