Chapter 29

I wake up to the sun streaming through the patio door and right into my eyes. The last thing on my mind last night was the first thing there this morning. The only difference is now I'm pissed off. So he's happy to fuck me constantly in secret but too ashamed to date me publicly. Maybe that's not how he feels but it's definitely the message his actions are sending me loud and clear. I am so livid I am shaking. A buzzing noise catches my attention from my nightstand. My phone vibrates and dances wildly across the wood surface. Apparently I have a text message.

"Ugh! What?!" I snatch up my phone and look at the caller ID. Unknown caller, fantastic, just what I crave first thing in the morning. I toss it back on the nightstand and immediately another round of buzzing sends it jumping like crazy. "Seriously," I groan as I snatch the phone up a second time.

Text Message

?: Good morning gorgeous! Thought I'd take a chance and see if you were free

tonight.

?: Oh don't panic- this is Gage by the way :) Hit me up, doll.

I invent a strange new sound when I groan and chuckle at the same time. Maybe it's fate or karma but more than likely it's the fact that someone around here is a fucking idiot. I said this was coming and part of me isn't even upset about it. It's actually nice to see someone thinks I'm worth seeing outside of locked doors. Today might just be Gage's lucky ass day. I quickly type a response before I can think myself out of it. I won't be overly flirtatious though. I'm not trying to be a dick and lead the guy on.

Text Messages

Kit: Well, good morning to you. What exactly did you have in mind?

Gage: How about we go eat at a pub I know. We can hang out, shoot some pool or

darts. Just getting to know each other, real low key no pressure kinda shit.

Kit: I think I can do that. You want to pick me up around 7?

Gage: You give me an address and I will be there darlin'. You okay if I ride my

motorcycle?

Kit: No, I insist on it. See you at 7.

I sent him the address before tossing my phone on the nightstand. A small twinge of guilt grips my chest. You know what? Fuck that! I refuse to feel guilty about any of this. I'm angry and I have every right to be. Getting up I throw on a swimsuit. Finding my flip flops, I slide them on and grab my phone before using the patio doors to go straight out to the pool. I skip walking through the house. I don't even bother to see who else might be awake. Fuck everyone and everything today. This seems to be my general outlook and I'm going with it.

"Well someone's up and at 'em awfully early today." David's smooth tone flows over from the table closest to the back door. "And looking mighty fine doing it. Good Morning KitKat, mind if I have my breakfast out here this morning." Marc's smile is genuine as he comes from the open doorway of the kitchen with a plate in hand. "Not at all. It's a nice day, might as well get the most out of it." My reply is curt and I slip my sunglasses over my eyes as I pass the two of them without a single glance. I walk over to a small outdoor cabinet and get a beach towel. "What's up beautiful people?" I roll my eyes as Ethan's voice carries across the patio. Walking down to a lounge by the pool, my eyes catch his as they travel slowly up and down my body. He has the nerve to lick his lips. Oh no hotshot, you have officially been friend zoned, at least for the time being. Unable to help myself, I rolled my eyes again before laying on the lounge. With my back to them I close my eyes and enjoy the feel of the sun on my skin. I couldn't care less what any of them say or do at the moment. I'm still in pissed off bitch mode.