Chapter 39

We talked a little more about the people we met until we reached his house. Silence falls between us as he pulls the SUV into the driveway. We exchange a quick smile as he pulls the keys from the ignition. Stepping out of the vehicle I fall in step behind him as we make our way to the front door. Once we go inside he goes into the living room to sit down on the couch. "So you asked a lot of questions and got answers at the munch. Did you get everything covered or do you have anything else you need me to answer for you?" I've been having an internal debate since about an hour into the gathering. I also started a pro/con list in my head shortly after that. I do have one more question and I've been pondering it for hours now. He just gave me the perfect opportunity to bring it up. I'd be an idiot to let it pass me by. I force myself to spit it out before my nerves get the best of me.

"It's not so much a question really. It's more like a..a...let's call it a venture." I twist my hands in my lap nervously. "A venture? I see....go on." He sat forward bringing his body to the edge of the couch. "I've been thinking for most of the day. With every conversation, every explanation and personal story I knew. What I needed became crystal clear." I walk over and kneel in front of him and carefully take his hands into mine. He seemed surprised, first looking at our linked hands then into my eyes. "I think......no, I KNOW I need to do this. I need to take this journey." I pause to take a deep breath. He sits, waiting patiently for me to continue.

"I would love to take this journey with someone I trust fully and completely. Someone who will take me to the very edge of my limits with respect, grace, and a gentle heart. Someone that I know genuinely cares about me as much as I care about them. Someone I'll strive to please because their happiness will bring me fulfillment. Someone who's needs and desires matter to me as much as my own because I care for them too." I pause again and take a deep breath to fortify my courage. I glance up and meet those gorgeous green eyes that look into mine with honesty and sincerity. "Gage, I want that someone to be you." He opens his mouth to speak and, taking a page from his book, I hold a finger to his lips.

"Patience, let me finish." His mouth turns up at the corners as he peers down at my face. "You and I have a chemistry that you can't deny. We connect on so many levels and at times it has frightened me. You calm me and challenge me, sometimes in the same breath. I want that with my Dom. I want to be able to communicate with one look or a single breath. I want a simple body reaction to tell the other what one of us wants or needs. You and I have the beginnings of that type of connection. I think once explored, what we have, it could be mind blowing for both of us. Don't answer me now, I want you to really think about it. Let me know when you decide but don't rush. I want you to give this some serious consideration, Gage."

I smile and reach up, cupping his face in my hand. I lean my body into his and brush my lips gently across his. I sense his body lean closer to mine and his hand, still clasped in mine, gives a slight squeeze. I stay still, our lips lingering so closely together our breaths mingle. My body screams for more but I pull back to look into those piercing eyes that I find so hypnotic. I can't read his expression but I smile and wink trying to maintain my confident facade. "I'm gonna go. I'll talk to you soon." I stand and he lets my hand drop reluctantly as he leans back on the couch, his eyes regard me with a new intensity. I grab my keys from the table and walk to the door. I glance back on my way out and offer him one last soft smile. He remains seated as he watches me go. When I finally get in my car I'm shaking like a leaf. I don't know what I'll do if he says no. On the other hand, I have no idea what will happen if he says yes.

*** *** ***

"So you want to do this. Like full-on, a hundred percent, on your knees, in and out of the bedroom?" Thomas passes me the plate he made me and I take it. "We haven't talked about specifics, hell he hasn't even said yes." I pour myself a glass of juice, I offer some to Thomas but he declines. "Wow ... .and he's the one you want to explore with?" He runs the water into the empty pan before placing it in the sink. "He has so much experience with this Thomas, and I trust him. I'm comfortable with him. Not to mention the insane chemistry we share. My God Thomas, I can't even describe it. It's not lust so don't even start with that. We can just read each other and communicate with just a look or even a light touch. I don't think I want to do this with anyone but him."