Chapter 45

"Wake-y wake-y, eggs and bake-y" What the fuck?! I groan when my brain understands the annoying sound is coming from Thomas. Pulling my pillow over my head I swing my arm wildly at the irritating voice coming from beside me. "Get up! Get up! Get up! I made breakfast!!" It's at that moment I become aware that my roommate has a death wish. Yanking the pillow off my face I glare at the annoying intruder who interrupted my peaceful slumber. "Why are you bouncing on my bed like a twelve year old girl??" As usual my icy glare has no effect on him as he simply laughs at my sour expression. "It's like one in the afternoon, you lazy lush. Now get your ass up! See you downstairs." He stops at my door and turns back to me before he exits. "Don't make me come back young lady!"

"Oh sweet baby Jesus, what was I thinking when I moved in here?" I lay back and pulled my blanket over my head, five more minutes couldn't hurt. The thought had barely crossed my mind when I heard footsteps barreling down the hallway. "OKAY, OKAY, I'm up, damn!" I toss my blanket back and hear his laughter fade as he retreats down the toward the kitchen. Xavi and Ethan combined were never this infuriating. In spite of that, or maybe because of it, I love him to death. I chuckle as I drag my tired ass into the shower. Once the water hits me I start waking up. It dawned on me that Thomas said it was already after one. "Shit," I mumble to myself as I reach for my body wash. I hope Gage hadn't tried to call. We are supposed to go look at his house today. I quickly wash up and rinse the conditioner from my hair. Once I dry off I wrap my hair in a towel. Throwing on my robe I hurry to look at my phone. No missed calls or text messages. I'm not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed. Maybe I feel a little bit of both.

"Are you going to eat or not?" Thomas's voice carries up from the bottom of the stairs. "Yeah, yeah, keep your pants on." Quickly I dug out something to wear. I towel dry my hair before tossing it on top of my head in a messy bun. Descending the stairs, I call out to Thomas. "Alright you big drama queen, this better be one hell of a breakfast." I bounce into the kitchen and grab a glass before retrieving the orange juice from the refrigerator. The kitchen looked oddly immaculate for a room that was just used to cook a meal. "Oh, it's heavenly. Now let's eat....or better yet, you could tell me how things went yesterday." I notice the sink is oddly void of dirty pans and round on him suspiciously. "You dick lick. There better be food and not a fucking pop tart on that dining table." Thomas almost choked on his coffee when he laughed. "Yes Kit, there is food. Do you think I'd rouse the beast without an offering?" Well, at least he's not stupid. I grab my juice and I see Thomas has a cup of coffee for me as well as his own. I follow him to the table and instantly my stomach goes to its happy place.

"Thomas, don't take this the wrong way man. But at this moment.... I love you." He chuckles as we both sit down and dive in, loading our plates. He made eggs, sausage, bacon, hash brown potatoes, biscuits with gravy, fresh fruit, belgian waffles, and a few other pastries. I didn't have enough room to try everything. "My God boy, how do you not weigh nine hundred pounds?" I asked as I stared in awe at the spread in front of me. "Honestly, I never cooked before you moved in. I spent most of my time out," he answered with a suggestive smirk. "Well, could you please go out more? Your culinary skills are killing my wardrobe." I reach for a biscuit right as my phone vibrates on the table. I see Thomas watching me, grinning like a teenage girl at a

slumber party. "Are you sure you're not gay? Like maybe just a little?" I held up my thumb and forefinger, so close together you could barely fit a hair between them. "Shhhh," he teased with a wink. I burst out laughing and shook my head. "Now, what did he say?" He leans his chin on his hand, his elbow propped on the table.

Text Message:

Gage: Hey darlin', hope you aren't busy. You still up for going out to the house today? If

not, we can always do it tomorrow. Let me know, doll. ;)

"Answer him, tell him you still want to go. Then go fix yourself up Cinderella," he looks me up and down, "You look like you're going to gym class for fucksake." I glance down at my shorts and t-shirt. "You know what, I don't have to have girl talk with you. Watch it prissy boy." I take a second look at what I'm wearing. I think these might be my old high school gym shorts. I'll never admit that, however.