Chapter 11

4 Weeks ago

"FUCK!!!" I jump out of bed when the sun shines through the balcony doors blinding me. Realizing I overslept, I stumbled as my feet hit the floor, frantically yanking my sleep shirt over my head. I'm running around in my panties when my door flies open and bounces off the wall behind it. "Jesus! What the fuck dude?!" I screamed and clutched the random boot in my hand, ready to throw it at the impending intruder. I'm still not sure why and how the boot came to be there. Ethan came barreling in armed with a baseball bat ready to pummel someone. I hear David running towards us, his cries of concern carried from down the hall. I'm so surprised I just stood there, topless, totally oblivious to my partially naked state. Between my scattered thoughts of my tardiness and the pounding fear in my veins from having my room stormed like a drug bust, my current lack of clothing hasn't crossed my mind.

"Why the hell are you kicking in my door?" I stand there with my hands on my hips. My eyes flutter back and forth between the two men before me. I wait for an explanation for their barbarian behavior, all other thoughts beyond their intrusion are forgotten. "Oh,... um.... Kit Kat, you're,..." David's voice comes out softly as his eyes remain averted from my own. He stammers a little more and simply makes hand motions in my direction with no clear meaning attached to them. "What? Spit it out already." Ethan however has a look of amusement as he watches David's feeble attempt at communication. The longer this pointless exchange continues the pissier I become. Before I open my mouth to lose my shit once more Ethan finally decides to

speak. "You're the one screaming like someone's in your room attacking you. Oh and David's just embarrassed because you're standing there with your tits out." David's eyes are on the floor and his face couldn't be any redder. Ethan, of course being Ethan, delivers the news with a cocky smile.

Oh. My. God!

I scream, "Damn it Ethan, you could have told me sooner you fuck nut!!" I ran straight into my bathroom trying to cover myself with my hands. I slammed the door and leaned against it, embarrassed beyond belief. Ethan's signature laughter chases me every step of the way. "Awe Kit, it's okay, we've all seen breasts before." I heard Ethan chuckle from the other side of the door. "I'm so glad you are finding this so damn funny." I huff, I will never hear the end of this from him. "Don't be embarrassed. They are a natural part of life, my friend. Some cultures just leave them out all the time." I hear my brother asking David what happened. Seriously? Now the whole fucking house is going to know? I hear the three of them murmuring and snickering. "If it makes you feel any better," Ethan calls out, "...they're very nice tits."

BAM!

My hair dryer was just sacrificed as I threw it against the door. Pieces of plastic broke off on contact and I could see a minor dent where it hit the door. "Get the FUCK out!!" My scream borders on shrillness and obviously my brother recognizes the tone. It's his voice that carries through the door after that. " Alright Ethan, that's enough, leave her alone." I hear their voices fade as they leave and I slowly start to calm down. I take a quick shower before getting dressed

and try to put the whole debacle out of my mind. Like Ethan said, they're just tits after all. I'll get over it. I think him pushing my buttons got to me more than anything.

I threw on some ripped black jeans with a plain black T-shirt. Then I tie an old gray flannel shirt around my waist. My tall black combat boots completed the look. For some reason I'm feeling the old grunge look today and I'm going with it. I add a little dark makeup, edging closer to a British punk vibe, and I feel a little better about life. I love mixing up my looks. I have always hated labels. I refuse to conform to any one group or stereotype. If I want to dress bohemian today and hip hop tomorrow that's my choice and I choose to do so. I love not being confined in a box and living my life to the fullest. That's just me. It's who I've always been.