Chapter 9

4 weeks ago

Thomas was sitting on the bar stool at the kitchen counter when Marc walked by on his way to the living room. "Hey, if you don't have any plans, do you want to go hang up at NightShade tonight?" I'm on my way upstairs, a bag of chips in hand. "Yeah man, who all is going?" Marc flops down on the couch before turning on the television. "Just me, Ethan, KitKat, and you if you want to go," Thomas replied. "No shit? You're taking KitKat? It's always amazing to see chicks at strip clubs man" he turns to Thomas laughing. "Why is that?" I pause on the stairs. I'm curious about the answer to this one myself. "Because man, most of them get all embarrassed and shit. It can be entertaining to see." I roll my eyes, "I'm going to work there moron."

Right about this time Ethan walks by and catches their conversation. "No worries there man, Lil'Bit sleeps with chicks too so it's all good." His comments were met with total silence. Ethan keeps walking right up the stairs. He passed me at the top with a smile and a wink, and he headed straight to his room. Thomas and Mark sat dumbfounded near the kitchen. I laugh to myself and go to my room to get dressed. Xavi and David are working tonight. I didn't have anything better to do so I asked the guys if I could tag along. Digging through my closet I finally decided to keep it cute and simple. My black mini skirt with a plain black tee. Add in some high heeled thigh-high boots and a flannel shirt tied around my waist and I'm good to go. I put on some makeup, but keep it light. I'm just feeling a more dressed down look tonight. Finally I run a brush through my hair before putting on a few pieces of jewelry. Satisfied that I'm about as ready as I'm going to get, I grab my purse and start for the stairs. I pass the open door to the bathroom Ethan shares with Xavi. Ethan is putting the finishing touches on his hair. I just smile to myself and continue down the hall. "I'll be downstairs." The unmistakable sound of cologne spritzing follows me. "Be down in a minute" he responds. However, between the three of them it was another twenty minutes before we piled in the car. I swear these men primp more than any chick I have ever known.

We arrived and the club was already pretty busy. Ethan lets us out at the door and drives around to park in the employee parking area. It's a good thing he had that option because there wasn't an open parking spot in sight. David waves as we walk up the sidewalk toward the door. "Hey guys, it's getting crowded in there." David bro hugs the guys. "Xavi and I were starting to wonder if you changed your minds," he said. David pulled me in for a side hug as Ethan walked up. "Hey man, it looks like a busy night." Ethan calls out, walking through the door. "Yeah, I think Xavi has a table set aside for you guys." Once inside the club we located the table Xavi reserved for us. The waitress comes by and Ethan and I order a couple of beers. Thomas and Marc, however, opted for a bottle of tequila. Something tells me this could turn into a long night.

*** *** ***

"I think I found the woman I'm meant to have babies with." Thomas leaned in to whisper in my ear and almost fell into my lap. "Jesus Christ" I mumble. "You are so wasted man!" Marc

cackles loudly. Obviously he is just as wasted. Thomas and Marc have been doing an insane amount of shots. They made up some ridiculous drinking game that only they understand. The rules make no sense and change constantly. Ethan and I are just watching them completely amused. "Dude, the stories we will have later... Priceless!" I chuckle at Ethan's words before I reply. "The hangovers they will have tomorrow... Ungodly." The waitress dropped off two more beers for us. Ethan slips her a tip. "Thanks babe." he says with a wink. I roll my eyes, he is such a flirt. She blushes, then smiles brightly as she walks away.

About this time the lights dim down a lot more than usual for a main stage performance. Spot lights come on and they are using red which is strange. It gives the room an eerie gothic feel. Smoke machines then kick up around the main stage as heavy alternative music starts to play. This is way off the norm here so I'm definitely curious. I started looking around for the dancer. None of the girls I've seen or heard about here would dance to this music in this lighting. "Oh this will be the new chick, Iniquity. She's badass man." Ethan gives me his best "I'd fuck her" face and I roll my eyes. He's such a man whore.