Chapter 15

2 weeks ago

"Thanks for getting me the job, Xavi." My brother landed me a job at NightShade, the club where he works. "It's no problem. I know you'll make good tips plus one of us can keep an eye on you" he said with a smirk. "Yeah, yeah, whatever." I said, rolling my eyes. I started that night and I was a little nervous but I'd be damned if I'd admit it. Thank god my brother was bartending that night and of course David would be working the door.

I just had to decide what to wear for my first night. I tried several options before making a final decision. I went with a pair of black jeans and a black sheer mesh long sleeved top over a black bra. I opted for a pair of cute open-toed high heels with wrap tassel ties around the ankles. Yes, I realized several hours later that this was a bad decision on my part. However at that moment in time my only thought was they looked cute okay?! Finally I took a few extra minutes to get my hair and makeup just right.

"Xavi, whose car are we taking?" I called down the hallway as I grabbed my bag before exiting my room. "I'm driving tonight," David answered from the top of the stairs. "What he said" Xavi replied, exiting his room almost immediately after I came out of mine. "Just checking. When are we leaving?" I asked. Xavier checked his watch as the three of us walked down the stairs. "Probably in about twenty or thirty minutes" he replied. "Sweet!" I exclaimed. I made my way to the kitchen to scrounge up something quick to eat.

*** *** ***

"So if anyone puts their hands on you do what you have to do so they let you go" Xavi tells me for the third time this week. There I was in the backseat of David's car. I was getting a little lecture from both of them as we drove toward the club. "Myself, Jimmy, or Todd work the floor at all times. One of us is never far away. Just shout if you need help." David chimed in. I sighed heavily. "Oh my God, I think I'm going to be ok guys. However, if you keep talking about this shit you're gonna make me nervous" I tell them. "Sorry Lil'Bit. I just want to make sure you are comfortable and feel safe. That's all I'm trying to do." Xavi explained softly. I rolled my eyes and sat back in the seat. I hadn't been anything other than happy to get the job. Now, after their little "pep" talk I started feeling a little anxious. Damn it Xavier!

At that moment I looked up and caught David checking me out in the rear view mirror. When our eyes met he quickly looked away. Seriously dude?! "Just don't play big brother on me all damn night please. Try to remember I'm an adult and this is my place of work too" I pleaded. "Okay, I make no promises that I won't step in if needed. But if things are chill I will keep my mouth shut" he said. "Thank you, that's all I'm asking. Just treat me like a coworker and not your baby sister" I said. "Things can get a little rowdy in there sometimes, Katya. I won't step in unless it looks like I should" David interjected. "BUT, don't argue with me if I do step in. I know what I'm doing and I sometimes can spot trouble long before the dancers do. So if I pull you from a table or I throw out a guy you are serving don't question me or give me shit. Just like you, I'll be doing my job. Understood?" David's tone was stern and very serious. "Yes sir, understood," I replied. Our eyes met in the mirror again and I smiled and gave him a wink. I saw him smile and his face began to flush. Authoritative David was kinda hot.

We pulled into the club and already the lot was packed with cars. We drove through a fence to the back where the employees parked. "Just come with me to the bar and I'll get you set up" Xavi told me when he climbed out of the car. "Okay," I answered. I glanced at David who waved as he walked toward the front side of the building. "I work the door for the first two hours then you'll see me around inside." He called back to me. I nodded my head and followed Xavi through the backdoor as David rounded the corner. We walked down a hallway with doors on either side. "That's the supply closet and that's the walk-in, all the beer is stored in there." He pointed to the two doors on our left."That is a bathroom that only employees know about. Trust me, you'll be glad you know about it. He motioned to a door on the right. He winked while he was chuckling. He pushed open a set of doors that came out right inside the main bar. The club was packed. There was a tall skinny guy with red hair flying around the bar. He was slinging beer and mixing drinks like a mad scientist with ADHD.