Chapter 13

Saturday night

Okay so yeah, technically I lied. Natasha asked me if I was free that afternoon and I told her I had plans. Truth be told, I really needed some help shopping for a dress for David's stupid party. "Are you sure Kit?" Tash asked skeptically. "I mean you really don't know the girl." I told her one of David's sisters was loaning me a gown to wear. I figured it was plausible. Hell they were born into that shit and should have lace couture coming out of their asses. "I'm positive, we are the same size, it saves me time and trouble, and his mother shouldn't have anything negative to say about it. It's a win, win" A snarky voice sounded from behind Tash. "I still can't believe you agreed to that shit. Even if you are borrowing a dress I'd still take the shopping trip for your trouble." And there she was, the reason for my little white lie, Torie. Filing her nails with obvious irritation and looking bored beyond belief. I love her, I do, but she would have me in a hoe dress in a heartbeat. I just didn't have the time or the patience for an argument today. I had already decided to drag my brother along. At least I knew he'd help me keep it conservative enough to not embarrass myself.

"Seriously, I'm all set, thanks though. You guys go enjoy your afternoon." I said, purposely ignoring Torie's commentary. "And you, stay out of trouble back there." I called out to Torie over Natasha's shoulder. Torie smiled but flipped me a middle finger before popping her chewing gum. "Bye slut, hit us up later if you wanna get out.." She wiggled her eyebrows before turning her attention back to her nails. Tash rolled her eyes. "Alright, if you're sure..... Will you

text me a pic of the dress at least?" she asked. "Yes mom." I shook my head as Tash playfully slapped my arm. "Hey now, you know that's practically foreplay babygirl." Her face reddened but her breath hitched. I laughed internally. She is a very sexual creature. Innuendo and insinuation is all it takes to get her mind in the right place if that's your goal. Having slept with the chick I have to say, if given the chance I highly recommend the ride. She is incredible in bed, I shit you not. The girl has skills. But that's a tale for another day. "Alright, well call me if you change your mind okay." Tash stated, pulling me from my thoughts. "You got it babe." I give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek before heading out to my car.

Just perfect. When I pulled into my driveway no one else was home. How can six people live in one house and not one other person be at home? I tossed my keys on the table in the foyer and kicked my shoes off in the living room. Pulling out my cell phone I text my brother. Tossing my phone on the coffee table I went into the kitchen to grab some water. It's only a little after one so I still had plenty of afternoon left for shopping. I grabbed some bread and went back in the fridge, deciding to make a sandwich. I know David and Ethan both had classes this afternoon. As far as I know though Xavier's schedule was clear. Wrapping my sandwich in a paper towel I picked up my drink and took it back into the living room. I turned on the television and flipped mindlessly through channels. Finally, coming across something that seemed remotely tolerable, I threw the remote back on the table. I tried to call Xavi but got his voicemail. What the hell? This just screwed my plan to shit.

"Hey Kit." I jumped up, trying to catch the heart that leaped right out of my chest. Thomas was standing in the hallway coming from his bedroom. "Holy Shit!!" I yelled, clutching my pounding chest. He was laughing, watching me with his brows furrowed. "Are you alright?" Seriously?? "Fuck no I'm not alright! You scared the hell out of me. I didn't know anyone was here." I sat back down but my whole body was on alert and my heart was still trying to slow to a regular pace. Once you're truly scared it takes your body a little bit longer to recover than your mind. Thomas came over and sat next to me on the couch. "Why are you home anyway?" I ask. He looks at me confused. "Why is that so odd?" he asked. "You are just out all the time, just strange to see you around I guess." I answered. I picked up my phone and checked it for a text, even though I would have heard one come in. I guess we all do that. "What's wrong, you okay Kit?" he asks with genuine concern in his voice. "I'm just irritated, I can't reach Xavi and I need his help with something." Now his facial features reflect that same concern. "Can I do anything? I'd be happy to help. Unless this is a brother only problem. If that's the case I completely understand."