Chapter 16

2 weeks ago

Thomas

I can't believe that I am locked out of the damn house. I have five roommates for fuck's sake. I can not believe that no one is at home. There is always someone in this damn house, always! It seems like I can never get the place to myself. But the one time I need someone to be here, the one time I would welcome the intrusion, none of these guys are around. I can't call Xavi or David, they both have classes all afternoon. Ethan had a meeting at work so I couldn't call him. I tried Marc but he didn't answer his phone so I sent him a text. Now I'm trying to call Thomas for the second time in a row. I'm about to hang up before his voicemail rolls over when I hear him finally answer.

"Yeah, talk to me," his voice calls out across the line. ".....Is that really how you answer your phone dude?" I ask. I'm slightly caught off guard at this cocky tone I'm not used to hearing from Thomas. "Who is this?" he asks after a beat. I detect an almost playful note in his voice. Ahh...no, not gonna happen Romeo. "It's Katya, I have a small problem. I'm locked out of the house. Is there any way you can come by and let me in?" My question is met by a moment of awkward silence. "Are you serious? How did you lock yourself out?" He's laughing like he just heard the world's most hilarious joke. I'm glad he finds this funny, he's not the one stuck outside in the heat. "I didn't lock myself out dipshit. I didn't take my house key and when I got back no one was here." I told him. "Same difference" he chuckles. Now I'm getting irritated. "Can you come let me in or not man?" I ask, trying to keep my tone neutral. If I get bitchy he might not come by. "Yeah, yeah..... I can be there in about 15 minutes" he says. "Thank you" I can still hear his laughter as I hang up.

I appreciate him coming to help me but Thomas can be a bit of a douche sometimes. Don't get me wrong, sometimes he's the sweetest guy you'd ever wanna meet. It's like he has a dual personality or some shit. I sit down on the front porch and watch for his car. I don't know why I forgot my keys. That is so unlike me. I've just had some things on my mind lately and it's made me a little scatterbrained I guess. Communication with my parents has been rocky these past few weeks. We weren't on the best of terms the day I left but I thought it would get somewhat better by now. However, things are still very strained so I've been avoiding them.

Work has been good but busy. We've had a high number of parties and events lately so business has been heavier than usual according to Xavier. I'm still getting into a routine. Fending off the drunks can be a little annoying but that's probably the only real downside so far. My obsession with Iniquity has grown stronger. At least my obsession with what I find fascinating about her. I found myself looking into BDSM. At first it was a mild curiosity but now....I'm not so sure. The things I found and read... I want to try them. There are more things that I came across as well. There are so many things I want to explore and-

Suddenly a car horn honks and snaps me out of my daze. It's Thomas and he's parked in the driveway. Why is he just sitting there with the car running? I walk over and open the passenger door. I lean over and poke my head into the car. "Get in," Thomas says with a giant grin. "Get out....... I thought you were coming to unlock the door." I replied. He leans his head back against the seat. "I am but I wanna go somewhere first so get in.......please," he pleads, still smiling. "Rolling my eyes I sigh. I grab my purse off the porch before returning to his car "Where are we going?" I ask as I slide into the passenger seat. "To get a snow cone." He says as if the answer were obvious. "What?" I ask curling my lip. "A snowcone," he repeats. "Oh I heard you..... are you fucking serious?" I ask."Yes I'm serious Kit. You gotta lighten up babe. You've been wound up tight lately. What's going on man?" Nothing........Everything..... "Not much. What's going on with you? I haven't seen Natasha around much." There, throw that ball around for a while and get your nose out of my shit. I tell you, this guy is way too observant sometimes. "That chick is a handful and a half. I don't have to tell you that though. You already know, am I right?" What the hell is that supposed to mean? I give him my best "WTF" face? He begins to backtrack. "I mean being her friend and all she must be difficult at times am I right?" I pause for dramatic effect. "I guess so," I answered slowly. He smiles, then turns up the radio, drowning out the need for conversation.