Chapter 8

5 weeks ago

I took another hit of the joint before passing it to Xavi. "I still say all those CGI horror films are for pussies." I exhale and look at Ethan. "Am I right?" Inhaling sharply he starts nodding his head. "Yep,yep" The three of us are in Ethan's room getting high before everyone else gets home. "I mean look at The Exorcist. They tied that bitch to a bed. Then they use some mechanical gadget to flail her ass all over the fucking place." I pause to take another hit. Ethan took the opportunity to add his two cents. "For real. They just don't beat the fuck out of actors like they used to." All three of us start laughing. "Fuck you, you know what I'm saying smartass!" I gave his leg a half-hearted kick. "That's what makes the shit so freaky, this computer generated crap is bullshit." We hear David yelling from downstairs. "Hey, you guys up there? I got the pizza!"

"Hey, so I got one cheese, one pepperoni, a veggie, and one with everything." I grabbed some paper plates from the cabinet. "What's everybody drinking?" Marc asks as he walks toward the bar. Xavier and David both decide to stick with beer. I tackle the table in the living room, clearing the area to make room for the food and drinks. "Yo Lil' Bit, you want a boilermaker?" Ethan calls out from the kitchen. "Hell yeah, I'm down." I hear him calling out again. "Hey Marc, grab the whiskey when you come back." I walk back into the kitchen. Marc passes the whiskey to Ethan. "Here man. I think I'm going with Crown and Coke tonight. What's a boilermaker by the way?" Marc looks confused. "You've done bomb shots before right?" I asked him. "You mean like Jager Bombs? Yeah sure." he replied. "Same thing really" I say "It's just a shot of whiskey in beer."

David takes the pizza boxes to the table in the living room. " KitKat..." I look up to see Ethan holding out a shot glass in my direction, a giant smile on his face. "Let's do this shit!" I walk over to the counter and take the glass. We clink them together before dropping them into our glasses of beer and immediately chugging the entire glass. Finishing first, as usual, I shake my head at Ethan. "Dude, you are slow as fuck." After he swallows the last of his he chuckles, pouring us both a regular beer. "Never rush perfection my friend." He is such a dork. "You never quite pull it off when you try to be smooth. You know that right?" I leave him laughing as I take my beer to the couch.

Once I sat down I realized Mark had been waiting to pick his place on the couch. I laugh to myself as he tries to look nonchalant but only looks awkward. He makes sure to sit on the complete opposite side of the couch from me. I am finding this more and more hilarious. I almost want to go sit by him just to see his reaction. But I don't. I just want a nice chill night, no drama. Xavier puts the first movie in the blu-ray player and pauses it. We all start passing around the food, piling up on the couch, and making sure we all have drinks and are comfortable. We have a huge U-shaped couch so there's room for everyone. I end up sitting in a corner between David and Ethan.

"So this is the final movie in the series right?" Marc asks as he loads up his plate with different types of pizza slices. "Yeah man" Xavi answers him before taking a drink of his beer. I grab another slice of cheese as the previews stop and the actual film begins. "What else have I seen this chick in man?" Marc's face is scrunched, he appears to be trying hard to recall where he's seen the actress before. "I think she was in a movie we watched a few weeks ago. Some sci-fi flick." David pipes up. " Right, right"

Not even 5 minutes pass...

"So is that guy supposed to be in on it? I mean, is it like a conspiracy thing?" OMG! Mark is that guy. Xavier catches my facial expression and hides his face in a pillow to keep from laughing. I can't stand people who talk incessantly through movies. David politely gives him an explanation. A good 15 minutes pass and I'm getting pretty into it. "So let me ask you this...."